Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

—» Want more? Road Trips & Planning

User Tag List

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 4462 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Kappa 42L trunk arrived!

Senior Member Journeyman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kappa 42L trunk arrived!

Just received the 42L Kappa trunk (made by Givi) with the rack for ZZR1200, Base plate and backrest pad..Total cost was $288 Cdn plus tax. I really love the look of it. Looks like an easy install. Bolts directly where the rear handles mount. My 9 yr old son is excited to ride with me with the backrest. First use of the Luggage will be Parry Sound Rally in July.

Senior Member Disciple
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a good price, and in Canadian dollars too, I would have thought they cost much more than that, how old was your son the first time you took him on the back of any bike for a ride? my 5 year old is always asking me Dad when I'm I going to get a ride on the Ninja so I tell him when his feet can reach the rear foot pegs, i think he could reach them now or dam close but he don't know that at this point......

ps Parry Sound I will be there on the Saturday forsure....
    RACE 1
    Life in the Fast Lane

Senior Member Journeyman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kids riding

Kappa is a really good alternative to Givi. Not quite as flashy, but the same quality and the trunks are all interchangable so that I can fit a Givi trunk on the Kappa Monorack and vice versa.

My son has only ridden with me a few times around town streets since age 8. I am not comfortable taking him on a longer ride until I have this backrest installed. I will also take my 6 year old daughter on some short rides with the backrest as she is also able to reach the footpegs. Without a backrest, I just don't think they are big enough to hang on tight.

Junior Member Padawan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Johnsa,
    That sounds like an amazing deal. I would love to know where and how I can get the same?
    Do they also made saddlebags?

Member Padawan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, John. I ride with a Kappa topbox which is just fine for my needs. I picked mine up in the UK a couple of years ago.....where are they available in North America?

Senior Member Journeyman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kappa and Givi touring shield update.

Went for approx 2 hr ride this weekend. The Givi shield makes a big difference..No buffetting on my head ..Bugs only hit the very top of my visor..having bugs hit my visor has always been a big annoyance to me.

The Kappa bag and backrest are great. it holds 2 helmets.(1 large, one extra small for my son) Might be too tight for 2 large. He loves the backrest. It is the first time I have allowed him to ride on the highway with me. It looks just like the Givi, quite frankly . Except it has a Kappa emblem on it. The cost ot the 42l trunk, backrest pad, monorack(which fits any Kappa or Givi trunk) and rack to fit the ZZR was $388 plus taxes Cdn, complete. I bought it from Oshawa Cycle and they discounted it a bit from the MSRP. It is distributed in Canada from a company in B.C. and is available through most Bike shops. I could also add the Kappa/Givi sideracks and set of side bags for a very reasonable price. I would estimate for a set of 20 litre bags about $450. Again, you can fit any Kappa or Givi on this rack. I had previously priced the side racks and 20 litre bags last summer for my old VFR800 and the cost was just over $400 Cdn plus taxes.

Senior Member Journeyman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kappa and Givi touring shield update.

Went for approx 2 hr ride this weekend. The Givi shield makes a big difference..No buffetting on my head ..Bugs only hit the very top of my visor..having bugs hit my visor has always been a big annoyance to me.

The Kappa trunk and backrest are great. it holds 2 helmets.(1 large, one extra small for my son) Might be too tight for 2 large. He loves the backrest. It is the first time I have allowed him to ride on the highway with me. It looks just like the Givi, quite frankly . Except it has a Kappa emblem on it. The cost ot the 42l trunk, backrest pad, monorack(which fits any Kappa or Givi trunk) and rack to fit the ZZR was $388 plus taxes Cdn, complete. I bought it from Oshawa Cycle and they discounted it a bit from the MSRP. It is distributed in Canada from a company in B.C. and is available through most Bike shops. I could also add the Kappa/Givi sideracks and set of side bags for a very reasonable price. I would estimate for a set of 20 litre bags about $450. Again, you can fit any Kappa or Givi on this rack. I had previously priced the side racks and 20 litre bags last summer for my old VFR800 and the cost was just over $400 Cdn plus taxes.

Senior Member Journeyman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kappa web site

Oh yeah..this might help...

www.kappamoto.com