2 up zzr600 suspension??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 up zzr600 suspension??

hi guys i have a 2003 zzr600 fitted with full luggage. I bought it to do some touring with the mrs. But everything i read says i need better suspension?? What do i do ? Will the standard be ok or will i need better springs? Etc im 16st then the mrs about 10st plus luggage i was excited to do some touring but this has made me feel a bit insecure about the bikes stock suspension now ????
    can anyone give me some advice if theyve done this themselves?
    thanks in advance Paul

You definitely should look at heavier springs at least
    Proud Father of a US soldier

Try Scorpion Helmets

norcalsportriders.com

Pirelli Tires - CT Racing

Dave Moss - Catalyst Reaction

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowyellow View Post
      You definitely should look at heavier springs at least
      Front and back, or just back?

Comment

Its a weird thing as you read that i need better springs etc. But theres people touring europe on vespas 2 up on thin little shocks . I think we over think situations with our bikes sometimes. I mean it was made to carry 2 people so really i should be fine. Lol

Comment

If you can set the sag correctly on the shock for you, the mrs. and the luggage, then you are fine and don't need to re-spring the shock.

If not, then you are overloading the suspension. <--- This is not over thinking.

Not sure about the shock on the zzr600 but you may not be able to service the shock so it would require finding someone that
          makes a replacement shock.

and...... a 17 year old suspension needs to be serviced, forks and shock.
          Last edited by piken; 06-27-2020, 01:04 PM.
          Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Originally posted by mehush View Post

Front and back, or just back?
            Both

factory pro has stuff online to get spring rates
            Proud Father of a US soldier

Try Scorpion Helmets

norcalsportriders.com

Pirelli Tires - CT Racing

Dave Moss - Catalyst Reaction

Comment

Originally posted by Hattster View Post
              Its a weird thing as you read that i need better springs etc. But theres people touring europe on vespas 2 up on thin little shocks . I think we over think situations with our bikes sometimes. I mean it was made to carry 2 people so really i should be fine. Lol
              That is one to way think of it.

Another is that your passenger is putting their safety in your hands.

Comment

Ive been in touch with hagon uk and they can build me a rear to the correct weight for 300 quid and 95 for front springs and oil.
                only thing i don't like is their site doesn't accept payment you have to do it by email or phone.

Comment

Working...
                X