My bike is sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bike is sick

Having problems with my bike went riding if feels like it's hicking or missing at speed anyone got any ideas what it could be it dose not feel like plugs more fule any clues wot it could be
    Zzr1400
    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Last edited by keithb10101; 12-21-2019, 12:16 PM.

Water/moisture in the fuel maybe? Add some fuel additive for this issue and see if it clears up.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Thanks Charles I'll give that a try I thoroughly it might be electrical or a mistake fire in one pot .in forth gear it's like the injection is kicking in and out. But I'll give the fule system a go thanks keith

Comment

Sounds like a similar problem to the one I’m having with my 06 ZX14. I think it’s either a fuel pump, ecu or power commander problem. The bike is cutting out at speed. Seems like something fuel / electrical related. I’m thinking I will replace the fuel pump and bypass the power commander first and see if that solves it. Please post up with your solution when you get it sorted. My bike is in winter storage for now.
        Last edited by NotDeadYet; 12-21-2019, 11:08 PM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

I'll let you know Wott I find out if ride nearly all year round have you tried flashing the ecu disconnect battery then put both leads together it resets the system (30 secs) my local bike shop told me one place was gona cost a bomb for that it makes a big difference.

Comment

I haven’t heard of nor tried that. I will definitely give it a shot.

Comment

Its like wen you have lights on a car dashboard that's one way to get rid of them it flattens the battery in the ecu then it resets wen you power up agen .

Comment

I’m thinking fuel pump / fuel filter. The filter is an integrated part of the fuel pump. Ordering a new fuel pump from Kawasaki is fairly expensive. Schnitz racing has an aftermarket pump for far less than OEM.

https://store.schnitzracing.com/quan...ki-zx14-06-07/

Comment

If it's humid and chilly, could be carb icing.
                  How To Cheat on Personality Tests
                  1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
                  (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
                  (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
                  (c) I never worry much about anything.
                  (d) I don't care for books or music much.
                  (e) I love my wife and children.
                  (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
                  From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

Originally posted by reidmct View Post
                    If it's humid and chilly, could be carb icing.
                    It's a ZX 14
                    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I had carb icing a number of times on the ZZR1200. Riding in the mountains with rain and wet snow at higher elevations and cooler temperatures would bring it on. I’m currently dealing with the ZX14 cutting out intermittently at highway speeds. Feels like it’s an electronic fuel delivery problem. All lights and accessories continue to function as they should. Bike starts and runs fine until it shows up at highway speeds after riding for an hour or so. It’s like chasing a ghost. I hate electrical gremlins.

Comment

Sorry I brought up carb icing. I was on a mobile device and didn't notice the model reference. A cut out problem that shows up after an hour could be a pinched fuel tank vent or an ECU with a heat related failure. When it starts cutting out, stop and open the fuel tank; if there's a big whoosh, you have a blocked or pinched vent hose. Hope that's it.

I've had an ECU that would go bad after the bike was hot; it manifested as sporadic cutting out just like you describe. Hope that is not it.
                        How To Cheat on Personality Tests
                        1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
                        (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
                        (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
                        (c) I never worry much about anything.
                        (d) I don't care for books or music much.
                        (e) I love my wife and children.
                        (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
                        From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

Fuel Pump, ECU and Power Commander are all on my suspect list.

Comment

Working...
                          X