Active Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Members

OK I,m new here and been scrolling through the posts. Nearly all are ancient. Who still active here besides me?

Me

The advent of Facebook as well as other social media sites have really taken a toll on this website as well as others.

Also take into account the ZZR 1200 hasn't been manufactured since 2005 (14 years ago!) there just aren't that many people out there still riding one.

Further, members lives change for one personal reason or other (children, marriage, divorce, surgeries, just too damn old to ride )

That fact that this site is still up and running is a tribute to those of us that still enjoy talking about the ZZR as well as those of us that stay connected through this site.

This site is also soooo much information pertaining to the ZZR it would be a shame to see it go away.

I am/was a member of a great BMW site that just vanished overnight without any forewarning. Lost a lot of good members as well as years of information.

It would be a shame if it were to happen to this site.

The above being said, we hope you stick around.

Mike
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Well here in the UK are plenty of ZZR,s about. They a cheap powerful bike. My post was not a criticism...As for the site. Yep probably just a few running it and thank you. Site come site go. This one old but not just about the ZZR. That is why maybe keeps going. Anyway

Comment

There are still lots of active members here. Stick around a while you will get to know who they are.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

I'm here!!

Glad to have you, Olaf

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
          ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

and some of us lurk or just plain forget to sign in...... not that age has anything to do with that
            CONNORWATCH.ORG

Ain't no right way to do the wrong thing.

Comment

Still here; many of us ride different bikes now but still the same great peeps
              My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
              http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Welcome, were still here Big O covered most of it. There is still a close core here, we usually have a yearly west coast and east coast get together.

Comment

All said and done. Thanks for the feed back. I wont be coming to any meets for obvious reasons but pick yer brians for tech info etc.

Comment

I'm still kicking around. Still ride the ole Zed almost every weekend.
                    She's been a close friend since April 2002.
                    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

"I'm still here, ya bastids..." (Papillon)
                      People here love to have their brains picked! I know because I am a beneficiary of these fine folks' willingness to help. There is a huge amount of info here and I'd hate to see it disappear. Does anyone know if this site is archived on the Wayback Machine site?

Comment

Yep, I'm on here, all the way from the Southern Hemisphere.
                        This is one of the few good forums still in existence.

I can attest to the farcebook thing, it killed off a forum I managed for years. Lots of info gone from that one.

I've had my ZZR1200 since 2003, it has 149000km on the clock, and runs like clockwork.

I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Rad. View Post
                          Does anyone know if this site is archived on the Wayback Machine site?
                          No idea.

How would one find out?

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARLIE View Post
                            I'm still kicking around. Still ride the ole Zed almost every weekend.
                            She's been a close friend since April 2002.
                            On my second Zed. I,ll ride till I drop dead. Had loads of bikes but keep coming back to these sweet things. Got a 200 mile run this coming Tue up north and back. Should be a nice run in our luvely windy wet weather.
                            Last edited by Olaf; 09-05-2019, 12:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                            X