No announcement yet.

ZZR1100 Mr Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you plan on putting the fairings back on?
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Yes , 95% sure it will be original colour , will be fitting the screen I had on my other ZZR , had that on the road and looked death in the face for 10 odd years
      Being a dark tinted screen you can't see the pic , unless your looking through it !
      Attached Files

Comment

Pulling my hair out today , put oil in engine , turned engine over to see if there was a spark , no spark
        Then noticed oil poring out bottom of engine , wtf
        Thought I got some pipes the wrong way around , took pipes off to turbo and replaced them with clear plastic so I could see oil flow direction , tried again , oil still pouring out
        Took filter out had a look , 0 ring was new and good , replaced it and tried again , oil still coming out !!
        Then noticed the oil filter cover was not seated all the way ,
        Took filter off again , and lucky for me still had the old one , new filter was a diffrent size , thank you Champion you little
        Did manage to get 6 pots on .
        May look at spark issue tomorrow !
        Attached Files

Comment

Wired up the 2 rad fans today , not much room in there , only had one on the right hand side , can't remember the bike getting hot , but wired in a second one , front of the rad !
          Attached Files

Comment

Still waiting on Oil filter , have emptied fuel tank of the old fuel , tank still looks new inside !
            Attached Files

Comment

You're going to have to post a video when you get that thing running
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Yes that's the plan , Oil filter is on now , looks well made , just waiting on some fuel injection cleaner , need to bolt tank on , add fuel and cleaner , then check for leaks , as there is quite a few joints in the system !
                One reason the ZZR was on the back burner , turn your Volume up , engine in the clip has been replaced now , for a better one

Attached Files

Comment

Was hoping to start it today , but a few issues , think they are sorted now , think the injection side is working now as it should

Last edited by residentalien; 11-16-2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by residentalien View Post
                    Yes that's the plan , Oil filter is on now , looks well made , just waiting on some fuel injection cleaner , need to bolt tank on , add fuel and cleaner , then check for leaks , as there is quite a few joints in the system !
                    One reason the ZZR was on the back burner , turn your Volume up , engine in the clip has been replaced now , for a better one

My favourite race car from the sixties, next to the Ford Galaxy 500

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post

My favourite race car from the sixties, next to the Ford Galaxy 500
                      Sorry to say the Ford Galaxy left the jags standing , but then we had the MK1 Lotus Cortina and of course Jim Clark

Comment

Can't get the engine to start ,
                        Anyone know if I have the 3 wires right , going to the silver control box , Red live , Black earth , yellow too enrichment button , other side too earth
                        Battery is from car fully charged
                        Have spark
                        injectors are working
                        have cleaned them all have fine mist
                        Have fuel pressure
                        Must be a fuel issue , as the plugs are dry , with all the cranking would have thought they would be wet
                        Have not touched engine , or timing from last time engine run , just replaced old things for new , only big thing I have changed is the stick coils , but they are all working fine big fat blue spark , on a dry plug
                        Attached Files

Comment

May be too rich

Comment

Just a weeeee bit

Should be a simple enough fix.

Comment

You would think so , but still a non starter , have strong spark , and fuel , just will not start , even with easy start , starting to think it may be low on compression , getting a few back fires in the exhuast , thought the too much fuel maybe because the injectors inject fuel , soon as you turn ignition on , so with me keep trying to start it , fuel is injected into the bores , plus there is not a spark till the engine is cranking fast , so I put a on off switch too the live feed , when engine is spinning I turn the power on to injectors , makes no diffrence , do have good fuel pressure , it's a mystery ZZR1100 Mr Turbo , injectors - YouTube

Comment

Big step forward today , my dad suggested I change the spark plug's , even thou I have a nice blue spark !
                                changed the 4 out like in the pic , and replaced them with Iridium plugs , spare for my Busa , they spark a more deep purple then blue
                                Any way engine will run , but only with easy start , the change of plugs has stopped the back firing in the exhuast and engine run's smooth , till the easy start run's out .
                                So now going to re look at the fuel side of things !
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X