ZZR1100 Mr Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZR1100 Mr Turbo

I have this stashed away in the Garage , is there another in the UK ?

Woah! I doubt it. Does it run?

Comment

Well it did do , very well , front wheel lifts at 150 on the clock , bit of a long term project , have 200mph on my bucket list , so on and off getting it ready ,
      Braced swingarm , ZXR9 back wheel ZXR7 front and so on , will be a road bike too !
      Last edited by residentalien; 10-24-2018, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Sweet dude!!!
        KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Just started to get the bike up and running , first set back , can't find the keys
          Attached Files

Comment

I have a co-worker here in Houston that used to work for Mr Turbo in the 90s. He will be tickled to see these photos!

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
            ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Hope to get it back on the road , next year , just going over it , replacing hoses and the like , just sorted out the back wheel , from a ZX9 it's 6J , a lot lighter then the ZZR1100 wheels , has a ZX9 wave disc , again a lot lighter then the ZZR , GSXR caliper , mounted on a machined hanger , I think it look's quite neat !
              Tided up the wiring and made good some bad joints
              Don't look too bad for a 30 odd year old bike !!
              Attached Files

Comment

Be careful as lighter OEM wheels usually means they could be more fragile (designed for a lighter bike). With the weight of a ZX11 and the speed you intend to reach, it could be quite dramatic...

Comment

Had a ZX9R back wheel and a ZX7R front wheel on my ZZR1100 road bike for about 9 years , before I sold the bike , I am sure Kawasaki took into fact that some riders would be lighter then others , there is around 60lb diffrence in the dry weight .
                  Lighter wheel's is one of the biggest improvments you can make to a fast bike , helps out the gyroscopic forces trying to stop you going around a corner !
                  I am close to 168lb , I am sure there is a good few riders over 220lb
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looking a little better now !

Last edited by residentalien; 10-04-2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Shame to cover it up
                      Attached Files

Comment

WOW!
                        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very cool. What kind of HP numbers do they get out of this. 300-400? Is the set up only using Fuel injection or is that supplemental to the carbs?
                            Last edited by jmenon; 10-14-2020, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Had it on the rolling road a few years back , think it was just over 200 HP at 5 lb boost , has no carbs just fuel injection !

Comment

Working...
                              X