Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Tony,
    it was very nice meeting you.
    I will have a look at your photos, do the same with mine (page 1).
    Hope to see you next tima again.
    Paul"The Flying Dutchman"

Comment

I’m sure everyone really really wants to know how our version of the trip went?

Andy & I left Huddersfield on 31st August and met up with Mr & Mrs New Mick for the trip “darn sarf”. We spent that night in a bordering on posh hotel in the quaint “slightly upmarket” village of Harpenden where Mr & Mrs Munchmeister live!

There appeared to be a function of some sort going on as we pulled up in the hotel car park, there some strange men down there, they had skirts on! A posh bint was just coming out of the front door of the hotel and nearly collapsed in fright as the noisy motorbike people began piling in the front door – the expression on her face was a picture – shame the camera wasn’t to hand!

Had dinner that evening at Munchmeister's! I have to say for public record that Mrs Munch makes the best lasagne ever! She doesn’t know it yet but I'm going down again next week for seconds!!

Bright and early on Thursday 1st September we all leave to catch the train to France. Had an uneventful trip under the Channel, despite reports to the contrary the only time I got my feet wet was when I spilt my wine on them.

We then began a journey that took us through France, Belgium, and Luxemburg into Germany where we stopped for the first night. The next morning we set off to the Hotel Mondschien in the Dolomites. We reckoned about 4 hours or so would do it!! Ha-flippin-Ha!! We only had to continue through Germany into Austria and then into Italy and the Dolomites

Somewhere near Hockenhiem in Germany there will be pictures of 2 ZZR’s and a Busa on a police station wall - the speed camera was left smoking in our wake as we blasted pass it. The last time I saw so many manic flashes was when Andy was pished one night and thought he would do his version of “you can leave your hat on” (theme song to the Full Monty film) for me.

The trip went without too many mishaps the only problem was we kept getting distracted by all the wonderful scenery and kept stopping. Austria has to be the most beautiful country I ever saw. Everything was so clean, no rubbish or graffiti anywhere. We will be going back!

It was getting later and later by the time we reached Bolzano it had got dark and great big dirty clouds were hovering. All of a sudden the heavens opened and the rain lashed it down. As we were so close (we thought) to our destination we decided to rock on instead of stopping to mess about with the water proofs! We started up the mountain to Eggen but the sign postings weren’t that great, the higher up the mountains we got, the worse the rain got, then God decided he wanted to assist and light up the roads for us – forked lightening abounded all around us. We still couldn’t find the right road, so God decided to assist by shouting directions at us (I have never heard such loud thunder before in my life) but none of us understood “thunderese”, lol. By this time, it was getting a little frustrating, so we stopped at a hotel to ask directions, luckily for us, the chap I spoke to also worked at the Hotel Mondschien and sent us on our way. We were only 5 minutes from where we wanted to be after all.

We arrived at the Hotel looking like drowned rats. The rest of the “ZZR Crew” were already in situ and I’m delighted to think we gave them some amusement from our bedraggled state lol. Gal & Baz we knew already, we were also delighted to meet Mr & Mrs ZedZedHead (Colin & Jackie) and of course Paul. I hadn’t noticed Pal at first as he was sat to the side hidden from view by Baz’s massive shoulders lol. I had to do a quick skip, hop and a jump over the table (really!!) to greet him.

The hotel owners must have been forewarned about members of ZZR.net as they had reserved us our own dining room away from the rest of the guests in the hotel. Just as well really as we did tend to get a little noisy. We also needed the privacy in which to teach Paul how to converse better in English!!

Saturday & Sunday dawned bright, clear sunny and warm. Great days for riding out. As ZedZedHead already said in his post, as we were riding along a black ZZR passed us all on his way up one of the passes. It would have been great to know what he was thinking as he passed all 6 of us on his “exclusive” bike. We also had the pleasure of meeting and dining with Tony (UK_H2_71) an Austrian member of the site who rode over to have dinner with us.

Not a bad picture this next one considering I took it "blind" over my shoulder whilst on the move

The bikes all performed beautifully with no mishaps of any sorts befalling any of us on our ride outs. For the record I also have to say that in my humble opinion Baz has the best looking, best maintained ZZR I ever saw. We would arrive back from a ride and drinking would begin, yet when you next saw Baz’s bike it was spotless! I think he sneaked out during the night to wash and polish it – he even carried the polish with him, how devoted is that?

Alas, Monday dawned too early and it was time for a parting of the ways. Paul was up and away early before anyone else rose. Then as the two black leather clad riders on their black bikes departed in one direction – they looked like the Gestapo! Andy & I, Mr & Mrs New Mick and Mr & Mrs Munchmeister departed for Montiticani Terme in Tuscany, Italy. We had a pretty good ride down to our chosen hotel the “Moderno Park”. It was run by an Italian family and one of their girlfriends “Valentina”. Valentina was Romanian but had a good command of the English language unlike her boyfriend. She regaled us with tales of his stupidity and vanity within his full earshot and he would smile nicely whilst she was slating him. It was a pretty decent hotel but with one problem, every night about 4 am in the early hours we would be awoken by clicking heels on floors, girls yakking, crying or worse. We then notice about 8. 30 each evening a stream of young girls would leave the hotel in groups of 2’s or more. On making enquiries it turned out they all worked at the towns lap dancing/ strip joint!! There were also rooms to be had by the hour!! We sat on the terrace one evening watching as a couple of the local prostitutes rented rooms to “entertain” their customers – FFS, we spent a week in the local whorehouse!! It was interesting though, pmsl. High spots though were visits to Pisa where we ate pizza and Florence where all the men are portrayed in statues and painting as having big hands and little ***** lol

We then rode down to Sollies Pont in Southern France via Monaco. The hotel we stayed at appeared at first glance to be the “Bates Motel”. On the first night there was no one but us 6 to be seen. Huge dining room and just us with a hushed atmosphere.

We kept waiting for “Norman” to appear. I can’t say I was disappointed that he didn’t. Things did improve slightly though on following nights when other human beings made appearances and Roger (Munchmeister) and Andy were kept entertained by the sight of the waitresses protruding nipples. I think they thought that they (the nipples) talked because they kept speaking to them whenever the waitress came to take an order for more amber coffee (beer). I don't think they noticed she had a head with a face on the front

We had a trip to San Tropez where we ate exquisite but expensive pasta – yep we ate Italian in France too. We also had a day at the Gorges du Verdon which is France’s answer to the Grand Canyon. What can I say but spectacular, fantastic winding roads, superb views and great weather.

Alas it all came to an end and it was time to depart for home. We did detour slightly and took in a ride over and a visit under the Millau Viaduct which is reputed to have the highest bridge piers in world. It has an overall height of 336.4 meters. Thus it has the title of the Highest Bridge in the World.

On that note I’m going to finish my story ‘cos I’m getting fed up of typing and you may well be bored stiff by now but in the words of my dear friend Paul from the Netherlands …… (who it was a real pleasure to meet finally ...

..... “I don’t give a flying fook” roflmao

Katie

p.s there are more photo's in Andys album in a folder called what else but Euopean Tour !!
      <div><strong>A woman who strives to be equal to a man lacks ambition.</strong></div><br>

Comment

Dear Katie,
        great story, great pictures and thanks a lot for all those compliments.
        Good to read you are all back safe and well.
        Hope to meet the lot of you again because I had a wonderful weekend.
        You made me feel very welcome and I really appreciate that.
        I am working hard to get rid of that bl... f...ing BBC English I was talking before
        Paul"The Flying Dutchman"

Comment

welcome back guys....great pics.....like the Murphys though I am not bitter ....glad you had a great time!!

Cheers

Rolly
          If you don't know where you're going any road will get you there........

Comment

Great write-up, Katie! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us What a great trip! How many miles do you think you covered in total?

Hmmmm - the “Moderno Park” in Montiticani Terme in Tuscany, Italy, you say? I'm gonna make a note of that. And the nipples do sound nice ....

Any pictures????

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
            ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

CrazyTrain

We coverd 3490 miles

the Metzelers held up to the trip with out a single fault

the front fender decided to eject one of its fasteners

the Autocom decided to throw a fit as soon as it got to Calais (my headset lead developed a small fault) Other than that it was a fantastic trip (Katie got to eat a Pizza in Pisa)

Many thanks to Rog & Debs for showing us around Europe

And everyone who was at the meet..........it was fantastic to meet you all and ride with you all.

Great food.................Great company..............Great roads

Andy

and in the words of "Paul" i dont give a flying fook
              Andy

Comment

Great pictures and write up Katie!

Comment

I think the lady in the picture's wondering if you are a traffic plod or a nazi!

Comment

Originally posted by Sciarid
                    I think the lady in the picture's wondering if you are a traffic plod or a nazi!
                    she vas thiis big and over zere
                    Andy

Comment

Hi Kate

glad to here you got back ok. great write up.

Did the waitresses nipples in France understand Andy better than barabara in Italy?

Looks like Austria for thhe next meet up then?
                      First gear takes you to the limit.
                      Next five take you to jail

Comment

gald every one got back ok
                        was nice to meet paul and colin & jackie and tony

3550 miles in total
                        we had the best holiday thanks to roger & debbie for taking us round and showing so many good food to eat and andy & katie for being so much fun in all we had great time

also thanks to conti road attack 7000 miles and the last 3500 miles two up with all gear on bike

roll on next meeting

photo coming later
                        03 zzrbikes now with 125,000 miles

Comment

katie
                          good write up yes so much fun
                          03 zzrbikes now with 125,000 miles

Comment

What's with the Texas shirt?? Don't ya'll have a screening process to keep the riff-raff away?? And is that Gal catching drool with his glasses??

Just looking at the scenery and the roads in some of these pics is giving me that Kawi-wanderlust Thanks for sharing, guys and girls

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                            ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyTrain

And is that Gal catching drool with his glasses??
                              Just checking I've got enough beer.
                              Keith ZZR1200.net BOTY 2003 and BOTW (twice)
                              It's hard to leave when you can't find the door
                              P.H.A.G. # (I am not a number)

Comment

Glad to see "The Six" are back safely. Looks like you had a good time
                                Keith ZZR1200.net BOTY 2003 and BOTW (twice)
                                It's hard to leave when you can't find the door
                                P.H.A.G. # (I am not a number)

Comment

Working...
                                X