H2 SX SE rear wheel bearing failures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2 SX SE rear wheel bearing failures?

There's apparently an issue with rear wheel bearings seizing at around 12,000 miles on the H2 SX SE. Jmac, are you aware of this and are you planning to put in ceramics?
    Last edited by YYCZED; 05-12-2020, 10:11 AM.

Wasn't aware. Probably people spraying at the car wash with high pressure. Not me.
    KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

There's been a few reported on the h2sxriders forum. Hadn't thought of the pressure wash angle

Comment

That sucks.

There's a recall on the Brembo pads on my Ape.

Something as simple as wheel bearings and brake pads and they somehow fuck it up.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

People on the H2SX forum are reporting the bearings are failing because of inadequate factory lube. It wouldn't surprise me because there's a bunch of little f*ckups on the H2 SX that you wouldn't see on classic Kawis like the Zed

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
            That sucks.

There's a recall on the Brembo pads on my Ape.

Something as simple as wheel bearings and brake pads and they somehow fuck it up.
            Triumph also have a recall for bikes with Brembo brakes because the friction material can become detached from the backing plate. The pads are made by Tungaloy for Brembo.

This will be a major recall. If you have a bike made in the last few years with Brembo brakes, it might pay to check with the manufacturer.
            "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
            99 Yamaha R1

Comment

I was annoyed my H2 didn't have Brembos until that news came out

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                I was annoyed my H2 didn't have Brembos until that news came out
                Want to buy some?
                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                  People on the H2SX forum are reporting the bearings are failing because of inadequate factory lube. It wouldn't surprise me because there's a bunch of little f*ckups on the H2 SX that you wouldn't see on classic Kawis like the Zed
                  That also sounds like recall material. I would go talk to the dealer where I bought it about it now. Too bad they are sealed units, ( I assume) it would be an easy fix to add some grease next rear tire change, which may be a monthly event with one of those things...
                  "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post

That also sounds like recall material. I would go talk to the dealer where I bought it about it now. Too bad they are sealed units, ( I assume) it would be an easy fix to add some grease next rear tire change, which may be a monthly event with one of those things...
                    You can usually prise the rubber seal out if you're careful and add some grease. But the bearing manufacturers seem to use some magic stuff that doesn't break down ever, so it could pay to do some research first on what to use.
                    "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                    99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Working...
                    X