October 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 2020

Finally burnt off the not great factory tires. Looking forward to fresh buns and good rides next year!

Nice pics! Which helmet did you go with? I look forward to the day that we can ride together again!
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Ride on YYC Peace

Comment

Sorry gotta ask .... where is that ( beautiful).... and what route would you have taken to get there? While at it ..... where were those nice pics taken with NDY with the old cars and other green Kawi.....
        Always intrigued where Calgary folks head to ride . Is Hwy 2a West of Cochrane any good , or too much traffic?

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
          Nice pics! Which helmet did you go with? I look forward to the day that we can ride together again!
          Thanks B! My helmet is HJC RPHA 70. I'm really pleased with it. My previous helmet turned into a mess of whistles when I got my new bike, and I couldn't stand it anymore. The HJC is really quiet and whistle-free

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo555 View Post
            Sorry gotta ask .... where is that ( beautiful).... and what route would you have taken to get there? While at it ..... where were those nice pics taken with NDY with the old cars and other green Kawi.....
            Always intrigued where Calgary folks head to ride . Is Hwy 2a West of Cochrane any good , or too much traffic?
            We have no shortage of incredible scenery here in Alberta, but it's not a satisfying place to ride a sporty road bike. The pics above were taken at a place called Forgetmenot Pond, at the end of Hwy 66 which runs into the Kananaskis region and ends at campgrounds near where I'm parked. Hwy 66 is fun and spectacular but it's packed with day trippers, cattle, deer, elk, bears, and debris from rock slides. It takes maybe 50 minutes to get from my place in downtown Calgary to that spot above, which is one of the privileges of living here!

The pics with NDY and the old cars is at another spot in Kananaskis, but about 90 minutes out of Calgary, on Hwy 40 that runs south from Hwy 1 through a beautiful valley and over Highwood Pass, the highest paved road in Canada. Hwy 40 is the go-to for bored Calgary riders, but it's through a provincial park, so we have to just cruise and wave at the Rocky Mountain sheep licking salt off the middle of the road.

The 2A out of Cochrane and into Canmore used to have some twisty quality, but it's always been dangerous as hell for a number of reasons and it's being straightened out by the province. I've avoided it for years because I've seen too many close calls with stuff like wasted locals walking down the centre line and motorhomes on the wrong side of the road.

I love it here but I should have taken up ADV or dirt bikes instead of sport tourers!

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post

My helmet is HJC RPHA 70.
              Here's another endorsement of the RPHA line from HJC. A reasonably priced helmet that is lightweight and moves a lot of air. I like it FAR better than my Shoei X-Twelve.

Reid at the track - compressed.JPG
              How To Cheat on Personality Tests
              1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
              (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
              (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
              (c) I never worry much about anything.
              (d) I don't care for books or music much.
              (e) I love my wife and children.
              (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
              From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

I also wear an HJC from the RPHA line of their helmets.

I'm not partila to one company or another necessarily, I wear HJCs because they fit my head well.

BTW Reid, is that a 390? Bet that little thing is a hoot at the track!
                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                  BTW Reid, is that a 390? Bet that little thing is a hoot at the track!
                  Yep, good eye! In fact there are three 390s in the photo. The guy behind me sold me a pile of parts that I combined with other parts to build a complete RC390, which I sold to a Youtube personality, and he is the one in front of me in the photo. It was just a wild coincidence that a photographer showed up a the track that day, and all three of us did too, and we just happened to end up tightly spaced when the photog snapped this pic.
                  How To Cheat on Personality Tests
                  1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
                  (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
                  (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
                  (c) I never worry much about anything.
                  (d) I don't care for books or music much.
                  (e) I love my wife and children.
                  (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
                  From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

How fortuitous.

Great pic
                    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
                    X