Crash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash!

I am pleased to report that my post-operation recovery is beginning week 2.
    Two Saturdays ago I crashed while leading a 6 lap Formula Lightning sprint race at New Jersey Motorsports Park.
    4 broken ribs and a clavicle broken into 4 pieces...ouch.
    After decades of road racing and over a million street miles I have never had metal used to repair my bod, until now. Lots of screws and a pretty long plate in my shoulder.
    Recovery is frustrating, but tolerable. Live to fight another day.

Wow - Arthur - I’m sorry to hear of the mishap but it’s good to know you’re on the road to recovery. Broken ribs hurt like heck and they take 8 weeks to heal. I broke 7 ribs and my clavicle in a crash about 10 years ago. My clavicle wasn’t severely displaced so they put me in a sling and let it heal. It sounds like you got the worst of it. Milk it for all you can with Wanda. The sympathy won’t last for long. Get well soon!!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Arthur, glad to hear you are still in one piece (mostly anyway) You, if anyone, will be back at it in no time.
      Good luck with the PT, I can relate (a little) Patience is the key.
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Ouch, sorry to hear this. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Comment

Wow Arthur, sorry to hear of your crash, really happy to hear you are on the mend!
          Keep us posted, and remember your fan club when the PT really sucks!

Best,

Greg
          "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Sorry to hear of the crash Arthur.

I'm sure you'll mend and be back on the track in no time

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Arthur, now that you have some spare time can you please give us a review of your VFR1200?

Get well soon!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your getoff,Arthur.

Heal up quick!
                tbolt

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                  Arthur, now that you have some spare time can you please give us a review of your VFR1200? Get well soon!
                  I heard through the grape vine he traded it for a Gold Wing. I wouldn’t want to try keep up with him no matter what he’s riding.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Just another bump in the road. Heal up quick Arthur.

Comment

thanks for the well wishes
                      Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                      Arthur, now that you have some spare time can you please give us a review of your VFR1200?

Get well soon!
                      I tried for a year to make that VFR1200 useable....a waste of time.
                      Poor fuel range was a killer. Ergonomics were confusing (not sporty nor comfortable) even with custom h/bars, windshields, seat changes.
                      One weekend I readied to hop on and ride 100 miles north to a football game (100 mile ride is nothing, as we all know) and realized I dreaded the ride. Once I was honest with myself, it was outta here.

Comment

Heal fast Sir. Wanda and Otis need you.

Like you needed another reason to avoid New Jersey.
                        “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by dbsuperbiker View Post
                          thanks for the well wishes

I tried for a year to make that VFR1200 useable....a waste of time.
                          Poor fuel range was a killer. Ergonomics were confusing (not sporty nor comfortable) even with custom h/bars, windshields, seat changes.
                          One weekend I readied to hop on and ride 100 miles north to a football game (100 mile ride is nothing, as we all know) and realized I dreaded the ride. Once I was honest with myself, it was outta here.
                          Wow, that is one damning review!

Did you actually buy a Gold Wing?

BTW my ZX14R (modded for an old guy like me) is great on a 100 mile ride; or even 300!

Heal up soon!

Greg
                          "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Ouch, been there done that Brother.

Heal quickly my friend!
                            sigpic

Stupid people can be dangerous in large groups

Comment

Sorry to hear of your misfortune & hope you're healed up asap!

Comment

Working...
                              X