Amateur drag night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur drag night

A track close to me has an event they called midnight Mayham basically you can run about anything so I decided I would take one of my zzr1200 and see what it would do the bike in question has 110k and #4 cylinder has low compression so I wasn’t expecting much but I’ve been thinking about rebuilding it with a few performance modifications .... anyway it was a fun night made 4 passes with a best of 11.256 at 127 the last run was pretty messy as the guys in then hellcats all went threw in a group and tore the hell out of the track after them everyone was having traction issues I’m curious how fast a stock good running zzr would do might have to take the other zzr I have and see what it does
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Looks fun!
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post
      Looks fun!
      I agree.

Bring on Quickkaw.

Comment

what was your 60 foot time? thats really the most important measure of Qtr mile racing. I ran 10.9 on mine in not ideal conditions. I found the ZED clutch makes for launching well. Its hard to do a sub 2.0 sec 60' time.. I think I may have done a 1.85 once.

Comment

I zoomed in looks like your at 2.1....that is where your losing time. ITs not easy lowering the bike helps a lot.. but you need to be near 1.7 or so to get in the high 10's

Comment

My best run it was 60’ 2.039 never made a pass on a street bike before that night
            Last edited by er165; 11-18-2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Your doing well. Even if you keep the bike at stock ride height but they do make lowering rear suspension links and you can get some straps from Brock's to lower the front but be careful because the bike will handle very differently even on the track.

Are you running stock spockets? I did put an 18 front on mine I was running a 42 rear but still changing to an 18 gives you lower gear ratios than total stock gearing any other riding situations I think the Zed rides over all better with taller gearing but it's not going to help you with the drag strip

Originally posted by er165 View Post
              My best run it was 60’ 2.039 never made a pass on a street bike before that night

Comment

Good job!

Lots of drag racing on Zeds here if you do the right search - here's a good thread,

https://zzrbikes.com/forum/general-z...ss?view=thread

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Some have gotten into the low 10's , best I could ever get the ole zed (strapped and lowered) was the high 10's

Tons of fun.....

zzr-dg.jpg

zzr-time.jpg
                  Last edited by piken; 11-19-2020, 11:20 AM.
                  Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Yup you need to get to about a 1.5 sec 60'ft time that takes real skill to pull off a launch like that with stock wheel base and suspension. The zed does not have proper cylinder liners.. so I was told you cant boost the engine or run nitrous.... so even a full bolt on ZED your lucky to crank out 150RWHP.. they are very fast bikes by even todays standards. but you're down 50HP over a zx14r... and most super sports liter bikes make 180-200RWHP.. and are 100lb less than a zed. ITs a lot of fun to drag race but the average guy will be around 11.0 on a zed.

Comment

Ahhh, my bad.

Thought I'd see a pic of JimmyMac in a dress

Congrats and good luck in your quest for the 10 second mark
                      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

ER I remember the day you and your girlfriend came down from Chicago and bought My bike which is now your bike lots of fabulous memories on that bike hope she’s done the same for you peace brother

Comment

Originally posted by piken View Post
                          Some have gotten into the low 10's , best I could ever get the ole zed (strapped and lowered) was the high 10's

Tons of fun.....

zzr-dg.jpg

zzr-time.jpg
                          Looking good Ken! Nice launch
                          My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                          http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Working...
                          X