Arizona Motorsports Park 11-24-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Motorsports Park 11-24-19

Piken, my “brother” Sean, and I experienced another track day with excellent weather, 70 degrees for the high
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Mucho fun

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

You guys are making me itchy.

Comment

Thanks for sharing!
        KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

JELLY

Comment

Never ridden on a track , worn leathers, pucks and dragged a knee..... so I am impressed , must be a total buzz ! Great shots . We do have a track in the Southern Okanagan area of BC that now does track days , so hope to gear up and give it a try next Summer . For YYCZED and BCTrout ..... Area 27 in Oliver have folks that run training days and you can get on the track that way ....otherwise it is a private track . Not that far from Spokane either ....

https://www.opptrackdays.com/about-us/

Great shots though ... at 24 degrees here (Fahrenheit) , I am fully jealous ....14 for YYC :(

Comment

Originally posted by mehush View Post
              You guys are making me itchy.

Little shout out to Malcolm
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo555 View Post
                Never ridden on a track , worn leathers, pucks and dragged a knee..... so I am impressed , must be a total buzz ! Great shots . We do have a track in the Southern Okanagan area of BC that now does track days , so hope to gear up and give it a try next Summer . For YYCZED and BCTrout ..... Area 27 in Oliver have folks that run training days and you can get on the track that way ....otherwise it is a private track . Not that far from Spokane either ....

https://www.opptrackdays.com/about-us/

Great shots though ... at 24 degrees here (Fahrenheit) , I am fully jealous ....14 for YYC :(
                That track looks awesome! Track-days are a blast; be prepared tho for another addiction
                A 2West trackday at Area27, near Canadian wine country, could be in order
                My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Out of interest , I was planning on taking the old ZZR out, obviously in the rookie class .....but notice you boys all had proper Sport bikes for track days ...... While I confess I dont think I'll be dragging any knees ( on purpose) .... I did hope to explore some limits with my daily driver . Am I going to be the laughing stock ? Can a guy drag a knee etc, is the grip there with Pilot 4's on a 500+ lb bike ? Or does one need track tires, track bike to get down there ? Likely the first thing I would need is a big set of Gonads to start anyway ... the bike and tires will likely not be the hold back:)..... First snowfall today , last F1 race ...... so its hibernation mode til March/April . Will follow vicariously and jealously your Winter riding in AZ .

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo555 View Post
                    Out of interest , I was planning on taking the old ZZR out, obviously in the rookie class .....but notice you boys all had proper Sport bikes for track days ...... While I confess I dont think I'll be dragging any knees ( on purpose) .... I did hope to explore some limits with my daily driver . Am I going to be the laughing stock ? Can a guy drag a knee etc, is the grip there with Pilot 4's on a 500+ lb bike ? Or does one need track tires, track bike to get down there ? Likely the first thing I would need is a big set of Gonads to start anyway ... the bike and tires will likely not be the hold back:)..... First snowfall today , last F1 race ...... so its hibernation mode til March/April . Will follow vicariously and jealously your Winter riding in AZ .
                    Now see this!: https://zzrbikes.com/forum/general-z...r-at-the-track

Sure you can track a ZED. many have done it.

I presume you are talking of Pilot Road 4's?

I think the big issue you will have when attempting to "drag a knee" is ground clearance.

There are those of us that have dragged pegs running ST type tires ( Pilot Roads, Pirelli Angels, etc...)

If you are at all worried about tire grip then I'd put on a set of SS Tires ( Pilot Powers, Pirelli Super Corsas, Dunlop Qualifiers)

I've seen a few guys VERY surprised when a big, sport tourer ZED passees them on the straights!

Go out and have some fun. best place to explore the limits of your bike and gain confidence can sometimes be at a track.

Good luck!

Mike
                    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Bike in proper condition and any street tire with plenty of rubber and your good to go!

You will see just about any bike you can think of out there. Always credit for just getting out and doing it..

Half a track day is about hanging out and bullshitting about bikes, etc. (and just as much fun)

ZZR is fine to get out there and do a few track days. Once your pace starts picking up, then yes, different bike required.

ZZR/ZX14 won't handle faster pace, just to big.

Don't think about it to much, just sign up and do it, you won't regret it.

I did a few track days on the ZZR before getting hooked/reeled in.

zr-amp.jpg

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Thanks for the tips ..... and mental encouragement :) Yup.... just gotta make it happen. I am sure it will just be a treat to approach the same corners, gravel free to allow some confidence to build.
                        But was watching some older footage of Piken in AZ with transponder and Phone APP ..... nothing better than a lap timer to push you a bit ! Then the cash starts flowing looking for lap times :) ....tires, bike, mods, coach ....divorce....sell bike(s)....repeat

Comment

My first track day was also on a ZZR. I was smokin my buddy on his brand new R1. As said earlier, any bike with tires in good condition is gonna allow you to have a huge amount of fun. And aint nobody gonna look down on you for coming out with a big ST bike. All you are gonna get is respect.

Comment

Here is a link to a video I took about 6 years ago. Really bad quality cus I had some moisture in the camera housing. But you get the idea. If you think that would be fun, then go for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feWQWDYnGbg&t=610s

Comment

Originally posted by mehush View Post
                              Here is a link to a video I took about 6 years ago. Really bad quality cus I had some moisture in the camera housing. But you get the idea. If you think that would be fun, then go for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feWQWDYnGbg&t=610s
                              Looks like good fun out there ..... better start lookin for leathers !

Comment

Working...
                              X