Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Warming is NOT Man-Made

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...e-change-shock

In this chamber, 63 CERN scientists from 17 European and American institutes have done what global warming doomsayers said could never be done ? demonstrate that cosmic rays promote the formation of molecules that in Earth?s atmosphere can grow and seed clouds, the cloudier and thus cooler it will be. Because the sun?s magnetic field controls how many cosmic rays reach Earth?s atmosphere (the stronger the sun?s magnetic field, the more it shields Earth from incoming cosmic rays from space), the sun determines the temperature on Earth.
    Assuming this research is correct, periods of low sun spot activity (high cosmic ray emission) would correlate with periods of lower temperatures on Earth. In fact, this is true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_variation#Sunspots
    periods of lower solar magnetic activity and fewer sunspots (such as the Maunder Minimum) may correlate with times of lower terrestrial irradiance from the sun.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum

Recent details and near-term projections:
    How many of you recall the predictions of "the next ice age" in the middle 70's? I do... The Modern Maximum had a double peak, with the 70's in between the two peaks. Observed temperatures were decreasing in the 70's as sun spot activity decreased. The Earth cooled.

Today we are experiencing a period of relatively high solar activity, called the "Modern Maximimum" <<Link>>, which, if you believe the CERN results, should correlate to a period of lower cosmic ray emissions and thus higher Earth temperatures (due to less cloud formation).
    Additional data: http://www.ucar.edu/news/releases/2006/sunspot.shtml

This period of increased sun spot activity is ending. The next cycle is projected to be weaker, "off-the-bottom-of-the-charts" weaker, the lowest sun spot activity in over 100 years. Some scientists are pointing to data that indicates a possible 70-year lull in future sun spot activity. <<LINK>> Will this correspond to lower temperatures here on Earth? I bet yes. Another mini ice age? Remains to be seen.

http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/predict.shtml

Dear Mr. Gore,

While I am 100% in favor of cleaner air, your predictions of man made global warming are bullshit.
    I would suggest that you give back your Nobel prize, but until Mr. Obama gives back his, I'd say you are still (relatively) entitled to keep yours.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Re: Global Warming is NOT Man-Made

Man's contribution to climate change is a factor, not the sole cause. It is, however, the one factor we can have an effect on.The black-or-white (no race reference intended) nature of today's politics is the reason nothing gets done about anything. No wonder I gave up Christianity for Buddhism 30 years ago. Conventional thinkers can't see shades of gray. Nothing is either one way or the other, it's both ways at once. The abject refusal by either side of this argument to even consider the alternative is just another example of the intellectual constipation that dominates modern politics and paints every thought with solid color and no shades.

P.S. The Nobel Prize Committee is free to award their trophy to whomever they want. Usually only the losers complain about who won.
    Last edited by Danno; 08-31-2011, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
      Man's contribution to climate change is a factor, not the sole cause. It is, however, the one factor we can have an effect on.The black-or-white (no race reference intended) nature of today's politics is the reason nothing gets done about anything. No wonder I gave up Christianity for Buddhism 30 years ago. Conventional thinkers can't see shades of gray. Nothing is either one way or the other, it's both ways at once. The abject refusal by either side of this argument to even consider the alternative is just another example of the intellectual constipation that dominates modern politics and paints every thought with solid color and no shades.

P.S. The Nobel Prize Committee is free to award their trophy to whomever they want. Usually only the losers complain about who won.

Shades of gray? Could we please have the Buddistic [you brought it up, I don't care!] Pragmatist enlighten us on the relative effect he believes man's 'one factor we can control' effect on the planet's climate changes relative to say, the sun? Is it 0.0001%? Is it 0.001%? Oh hell, let's leap up to suggest asking is it about 1%? Tell us it's more...

Next, Mr. Pragmatist, please tell us why it is more cost effective to spend $trillions on ridiculously expensive alternative energy and CO2 credit wealth transfer schemes rather than simply prepare and adapt to the supposed changes when they come.

Maybe a short discussion on the impacts we're supposedly avoiding is in order here... My understanding of the scary impacts are as follows (please enlighten further if I've missed something important): food production is impacted and ocean levels rise. Impacts on food production simply means that food crops move north or south (or wherever) as the particular crops may require. A nice example of this was the orange crop in Fl moved substantially southward through the '80's and '90's to escape increasing frequency of freezes that were affecting the northern part of the state with greater frequency. And by the way, the government didn't move the orange groves, orange producers moved the orange groves. And for the rising of the oceans, it is important to note that the greatest effect on sea level is thermal expansion due to rising water temperature, not melted ice contribution (again, this is a sun thing not a CO2 thing). I do believe cities large and small around the world will be able to get out of the way of, or otherwise prepare for, 7 to 23 inches of ocean rise over the next 200 years (range estimate here; pick a higher range, it doesn't matter), if that even occurs.

And, by they way, we're going to react to solar driven climate changes regardless of whether we destroy America with all this elitist socialized global warming crony capitalism crap, or not.

So, how much do you want from me today to affect how much of the changes that are expected 100-200 years from now driven by the sun that we can't change that we (the many generations from now 'we') are going to need to react to anyway?

S
      '15 ZX14, '05 ZZR1200, '05 Ninja 250, & '04 ZX-10R (Track Use)

Comment

You reading my mind?

Except for the alternative energy thing... which I DO think is a good thing (reduce or dependence on foreign oil)... but would include natural gas and DIESEL in the mix for the short/medium term... However, I don't think government should pay for it the way they are doing now.
        “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post
          You reading my mind?

Except for the alternative energy thing... which I DO think is a good thing (reduce or dependence on foreign oil)... but would include natural gas and DIESEL in the mix for the short/medium term... However, I don't think government should pay for it the way they are doing now.
          To be sure, I'm 100% for alternative energy which does not require government sponsored R&D and does not require government subsidies of any sort. The government picking winners and losers distorts what could be and should be accomplished by good commercial competition.

As for reducing dependence on foreign oil, all that needs to happen is for the US government to get out of the way (or at least regulate reasonable and responsible resource extraction rather than regulate away most extraction). According to a March 2011 report from the Congressional Research Service, the US has more BOE (barrels of oil equivalent) of proven sources of fossil fuels than any other nation on the planet. You can see the report here. We are energy rich and leadership poor. While I understand that many 'blame' the environmentalists for our inability to extract our own resources, I am coming to the conclusion that the real intent of the Left is to transfer as much US wealth out and otherwise prohibit utilization of inherent wealth as to level the playing field for other nations to catch up and/or become dominate. The EPA is but one tool of the Left.

S

Comment

Originally posted by Scott99 View Post

Shades of gray? Could we please have the Buddistic [you brought it up, I don't care!] Pragmatist enlighten us on the relative effect he believes man's 'one factor we can control' effect on the planet's climate changes relative to say, the sun? Is it 0.0001%? Is it 0.001%? Oh hell, let's leap up to suggest asking is it about 1%? Tell us it's more...

Next, Mr. Pragmatist, please tell us why it is more cost effective to spend $trillions on ridiculously expensive alternative energy and CO2 credit wealth transfer schemes rather than simply prepare and adapt to the supposed changes when they come.

Maybe a short discussion on the impacts we're supposedly avoiding is in order here... My understanding of the scary impacts are as follows (please enlighten further if I've missed something important): food production is impacted and ocean levels rise. Impacts on food production simply means that food crops move north or south (or wherever) as the particular crops may require. A nice example of this was the orange crop in Fl moved substantially southward through the '80's and '90's to escape increasing frequency of freezes that were affecting the northern part of the state with greater frequency. And by the way, the government didn't move the orange groves, orange producers moved the orange groves. And for the rising of the oceans, it is important to note that the greatest effect on sea level is thermal expansion due to rising water temperature, not melted ice contribution (again, this is a sun thing not a CO2 thing). I do believe cities large and small around the world will be able to get out of the way of, or otherwise prepare for, 7 to 23 inches of ocean rise over the next 200 years (range estimate here; pick a higher range, it doesn't matter), if that even occurs.

And, by they way, we're going to react to solar driven climate changes regardless of whether we destroy America with all this elitist socialized global warming crony capitalism crap, or not.

So, how much do you want from me today to affect how much of the changes that are expected 100-200 years from now driven by the sun that we can't change that we (the many generations from now 'we') are going to need to react to anyway?

S
            I don't want a damn thing from you, now or ever. It's my opinion that man is contributing to climate change and that man can do something about that. Apparently in your opinion, anyone who thinks that's true is a believer in "elitist socialized global warming crony capitalism crap" whatever the fuck that is. Hope you're enjoying that Texas weather.
            Last edited by Danno; 09-05-2011, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I don't want a damn thing from you, now or ever. It's my opinion that man is contributing to climate change and that man can do something about that. Apparently in your opinion, anyone who thinks that's true is a believer in "elitist socialized global warming crony capitalism crap" whatever the fuck that is. Hope you're enjoying that Texas weather.
              I'd prefer some rain here, but otherwise, I am enjoying the Texas weather... Thanks.

But back to the subject, I never said that anyone that believes in man induced global warming/climate change/whatever also believes in "elitist socialized global warming crony capitalism crap". What I meant (if not precisely what I said) was that the Left has long since seized upon this as a mechanism for means to their ends, which is the destruction of the US. But again, I digress.

So, you're firmly in the camp that any deflection in the course of climate change that can be effectuated by any cost that can be imagined is a-okay with you, as long as you can say at least we're doing something? All the better if fat cats and greedy oil companies are made to pay for it, is that correct? And all the destruction of the US economy regardless of the high probability that the deflection may be an ephemeral blip in the third decimal place of the total changes as measured from one century to another. Doesn't it seem odd to even you that you may be a useful idiot, whatever the fuck that means?

S

Comment

So, you're firmly in the camp that any deflection in the course of climate change that can be effectuated by any cost that can be imagined is a-okay with you, as long as you can say at least we're doing something?
                Key concept quoted for posterity.

Comment

Good discussion going on here. At least Tapatalk shows me all of the new posts including the dungeon.

There's a lot of simple, cheap things we can do to reduce CO2 emissions that will also save money. Sounds like a win-win to me.

And remember there's a lot of big companies and oil rich countries that want the USA to keep burning imported oil...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                  99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Originally posted by Moise View Post
                    Good discussion going on here. At least Tapatalk shows me all of the new posts including the dungeon.

There's a lot of simple, cheap things we can do to reduce CO2 emissions that will also save money. Sounds like a win-win to me.

And remember there's a lot of big companies and oil rich countries that want the USA to keep burning imported oil...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Follow the money and your discern the truth, I always say. Remember holes in the ozone? Remember when it was going to take centuries for it to repair itself, and then all of a sudden the holes closed over and we never heard about it again? We are, however, spending $10 for a can of 134 refrigerant when we used to spend $2 for the R-12... Funny though, most other countries are still using R-12! LOL!

One volcanic eruption puts more stuff in the air than mankind does in 10... It's all a scam for special interests.
                    Young men know the rules, OLD men know the exceptions.

Comment

I'd prefer some rain here, but otherwise, I am enjoying the Texas weather... Thanks.

But back to the subject, I never said that anyone that believes in man induced global warming/climate change/whatever also believes in "elitist socialized global warming crony capitalism crap". What I meant (if not precisely what I said) was that the Left has long since seized upon this as a mechanism for means to their ends, which is the destruction of the US. But again, I digress.

So, you're firmly in the camp that any deflection in the course of climate change that can be effectuated by any cost that can be imagined is a-okay with you, as long as you can say at least we're doing something? All the better if fat cats and greedy oil companies are made to pay for it, is that correct? And all the destruction of the US economy regardless of the high probability that the deflection may be an ephemeral blip in the third decimal place of the total changes as measured from one century to another. Doesn't it seem odd to even you that you may be a useful idiot, whatever the fuck that means?

S
                      You're attempting to put words in my mouth and pigeonhole me as one of the potential "destroyers" of America, which is ludicrous not only in concept but also in fact. The destruction of the U. S. economy has been manifested by the politics of greed-banks, insurance companies, large corporations, all with more allegiance to money than to this or any other country. Their only interest is in profit and their only allegiance to the U.S. is how regular people can defend those interests with their blood. State your opinion, and stop implying I'm an idiot because I don't agree with your tinfoil hat conspiracy theories. I believe name-calling (even by innuendo) is forbidden here, so act like an adult.

Comment

S
                        You're attempting to put words in my mouth and pigeonhole me as one of the potential "destroyers" of America, which is ludicrous not only in concept but also in fact. The destruction of the U. S. economy has been manifested by the politics of greed-banks, insurance companies, large corporations, all with more allegiance to money than to this or any other country. Their only interest is in profit and their only allegiance to the U.S. is how regular people can defend those interests with their blood. State your opinion, and stop implying I'm an idiot because I don't agree with your tinfoil hat conspiracy theories. I believe name-calling (even by innuendo) is forbidden here, so act like an adult.
                        Oh, the hypocrisy, oh one to put words in people's mouths. Act like an adult?

Comment

Originally posted by eteach01 View Post
                          Follow the money and your discern the truth, I always say. Remember holes in the ozone? Remember when it was going to take centuries for it to repair itself, and then all of a sudden the holes closed over and we never heard about it again? We are, however, spending $10 for a can of 134 refrigerant when we used to spend $2 for the R-12... Funny though, most other countries are still using R-12! LOL!
                          R12 is no longer manufactured. Unfortunately it will be some time before it disappears from this planet.

Living in NZ, I can confirm that the Antarctic ozone hole is alive and well. It forms during our winter and when it breaks up in spring, we sometimes experience periods when the ozone levels are much lower than usual. Fortunately it all sorts itself by summer otherwise we'd get fried!
                          "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                          99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Oh man, how I love making Friends on the ZZR Site!

Some people you just can't reach....
                            KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Normally I don't do cut-and-paste, but since you flat-earthers are so good at it:
                              The National Academy of Sciences, in an investigation requested by Congress, concluded last year: "Climate change is occurring, is very likely caused primarily by human activities, and poses significant risks to humans and the environment."
                              ___

Comment

Working...
                              X