Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki, Why Don't You Care About US Road Racing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki, Why Don't You Care About US Road Racing?

Dear Kawasaki,

As a life-long Kawasaki rider and racer, it is great to see the success that the ZX10R is having in World Superbike, Australian Superbike, British Superbike, and Spanish Superbike, to name a few of the series the green bikes are winning in. Not to mention a recent win at the Isle of Mann (Superstock). Well done- the ZX10R has proven to be an excellent and reliable racing machine, delivered to racers at a reasonable price.

However, let's turn to the struggling Moto-America series, where a guy who once won a US Superbike title for you, Wayne Rainey, is trying to save and rebuild our sport in this country. It is impossible to not notice that there is ZERO support of this series by Kawasaki. No factory Superbike team, no satellite team with some factory support, not even any privateers on Kawasaki's. Same story in Supersport- no sign of any ZX6R's, a bike that is winning the World Supersport championship, again.

Since it is obvious that the bikes are very good, affordable and available everywhere, it must also be true that the only reason Americans aren't racing them is that Kawasaki provides absolutely no support. No contingency money, no technological assistance, nothing. What a waste of all the expertise and knowledge gained in making the bikes fast EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. I do not understand. I know you guys were angry and disappointed with the absurd actions of the DMG group a few years back, but those idiots are gone now and we need you to help rebuild racing in America.

It probably makes no difference to you at KHI, but I am far from the only guy who notices the utter void of green bikes on US racing grids, and we are getting increasingly frustrated. What gives?

Greg Settle
    Olympia WA
    2015 ZX14R
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Re: Kawasaki, Why Don't You Care About US Road Racing?

Yep...this has made me crazy for years. I had hoped once they got their foot hold in WSBK, they would return to MotoGP also.....

Comment

Very well stated Greg...also totally agree with you too Jeff. Come on Team Green! Let the Good Times Roll beyond WSBK!
      My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
      http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

well written and truenbk

Comment

So I wrote this and put it in the "Tell Kawasaki" forum on the off chance that someone at Kawasaki might actually see it. On that remote chance, if you have an "amen" or a "Right fkng on" to add to the thread it might carry a little more weight... I will be bumping it a couple of more times for this reason.

G

Comment

Kawi has been dominant in every class they compete in. Heck yes do Moto GP. Throw Nicky on the thing.
            KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

I agree it was a crazy year and hope that next year would be a better year.

Comment

Well, here we are two years after I started this thread, and not a damn thing has changed. Oh, except that a privateer named Bobby Fong is lapping his Superstock spec ZX10R with the factory Yamaha and Yoshimura Suzuki superbikes, with NO help from Kawasaki. And, the rules have been changed so that all the knowledge and parts developed for WSBK are a DIRECT FIT to legal AMA Superbikes...

Hello, Kawasaki? McFly? Buehler? Anybody listening?

I guess not.

G

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                  Well, here we are two years after I started this thread, and not a damn thing has changed. Oh, except that a privateer named Bobby Fong is lapping his Superstock spec ZX10R with the factory Yamaha and Yoshimura Suzuki superbikes, with NO help from Kawasaki. And, the rules have been changed so that all the knowledge and parts developed for WSBK are a DIRECT FIT to legal AMA Superbikes...

Hello, Kawasaki? McFly? Buehler? Anybody listening?

I guess not.

G
                  Unfortunately, they don't have to win on Sunday to sell on Monday.

As you said, he's doing great on a privateer bike, why would Kawi spend money on a team if they don't have to?

I'm with you in that I wish they would

Or

Road Racing in the U.S. sucks and they don't want to waste their money on it?
                  I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I agree on the more support for Moto America if not a factory team but I seriously wish the Big K would get back into MotoGP.

I've written to Kawasaki a couple of times, basically asking things like are they going to bring the fuel injected version of the KLX250S to Canada and other basic questions. Now I understand their not willing to give away any secrets......but I never receive a reply of any kind!
                    2002 ZZR1200
                    2009 KLR650
                    1986 GPz900R
                    1984 GPz750 Turbo

Comment

Kawi put their money into WSBK and seem quite happy to keep doing that. But every man and his dog are in MotoGP now, so that may change in future. I'm sure that Rea would go well on the right bike.

Sent from my SM-G9208 using Tapatalk
                      "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                      99 Yamaha R1

Comment

I gave up....

Comment

Working...
                        X