2017 TWO Rally

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 TWO Rally

Completely informal 2017 TWO Rally. We'll use Two Wheels of Suches as the meet-up base but everyone will be responsible for finding their own lodging (TWO is sold out).

Only thing I'm throwing out there are dates:

September 15th through 17th, Friday through Sunday.

Anyone interested?

Edit:

called Seasons Inn. Here's their current availability for Sept 15th-17th (all non-smoking rooms):

1. One double downstairs
    2. Five rooms available upstairs (3 king bed, 2 double)

Fri/Sat are $83.40 w/ tax per night, Sun/Mon are $72.20 w/ tax per night.

I spoke with Christina and left her the group name "ZZRBikes".

Check-in is at 3 pm, lobby closes at 9 pm so if you need to check-in after, let them know. If you decide to cancel, they require a 24 hours notice.

I've reserved a king room upstairs for three nights - Fri, Sat, Sun.

Who's in for Seasons Inn from Sept 15th-17th? We do not have blocks reserved, fyi.
    Last edited by Mark; 08-18-2017, 08:29 PM.

Re: 2017 TWO Rally

I'd love to, but due to distance and a desire to get up-close-and-personal with Arkansas for 4 days that month I'll have to just be there in spirit, Mark ;)

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
    ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

im down.

this is your shindig and im certainly not attempting a hijack, but staying at seasons inn on the circle in blairsville is probably logistically superior. cheap, clean, and lots of eats nearby with the added bonus of sleeping within stumbling distance of where you are drinking. no firepit but i may be able to work something out with the owner.........just a thought.
      pete
      Last edited by 14Junkie; 08-05-2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Two was just a suggestion. I'm certainly open to yours. :)

I'll take a look at Seasons Inn.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

No go for me. Not enough scheduling time.

Maybe get something together for 2018?

That way there will be at least three of us there
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
            No go for me. Not enough scheduling time.

Maybe get something together for 2018?

That way there will be at least three of us there

To be honest, I'm ok with a small crowd. I put in 7 hours on the 636 this past Wednesday but that was all alone. Itchin' for some group riding. Although I think I might have to give up trying to keep up with Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

To be honest, I'm ok with a small crowd. I put in 7 hours on the 636 this past Wednesday but that was all alone. Itchin' for some group riding. Although I think I might have to give up trying to keep up with Pete
              Yeah, ain't that the truth.

You try keeping up with Pete and you end up either in or off the mountain.

He has little helmet stickers on the side of his fairing for all of the people he's crashed
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Pete is very deceiving on that red thang he rides. . Peace

Comment

I would be up for this one, the dates work great for me and I haven't been out riding much. You mention TWO being sold out - is camping sold out too? I could tent camp or car-camp. There are a couple of campgrounds in the area, one a few clicks up the road from TWO. I am also coming up a month later with some BMW friends, most of which are great riders but not as fast as you guys.
                  2002 Kawasaki ZZR1200, 2007 DRZ400SM Suzuki, 2004 Suzuki SV65
                  Responsible for wrenching on all those plus my daughters' 2007 ZZR 600
                  US Review http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ro...kes/index.html
                  EU Review http://www.motorbikestoday.com/revie...es/ZZR1200.htm

Comment

Thumbs up for Seasons Inn. Convenient, clean, reasonable, an the owner is a stand-up guy.

Sadly, I won't be there. I am riding up to Athens, GA in a couple of weeks to view the solar eclipse. Gonna stay a day or two to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by mehush View Post
                      Thumbs up for Seasons Inn. Convenient, clean, reasonable, an the owner is a stand-up guy.

Sadly, I won't be there. I am riding up to Athens, GA in a couple of weeks to view the solar eclipse. Gonna stay a day or two to ride.
                      hi mike.
                      i was hoping you could make it.

pete

Comment

Mark
                        14Junkie 15-17
                        cooter
                        Last edited by 14Junkie; 08-16-2017, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Way to get the thread rolling Pete :) I'm in SF until Monday. I'll give a call to the place you mentioned after I get back/post info.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

i sent a text to cheeser but ive not heard back from him.

safe travels

pete

Comment

Rookies!

KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X