2West14 7/16-7/20/14 pics added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2West14 7/16-7/20/14 pics added

Well lets not wait too long right........The dates I guess will be dependent on the final destination and weather...

I know the great white north has been discussed and so with that in mind I wanted to suggest a rolling rally like in years past. Not sure everyone could go all the way north so if we used the trip up in legs guys could at least join along for part of the trip.

If we started mid California/Nevada where we all seem to be starting from we could do one day to the OR boarder area, day two to the top of Oregon and day three to the boarder and beyond. Three days, two nights for the trip up. Just my thought as we sometimes have more fun getting there than when we arrive....looks like a bit less than 1200 miles up to the island.....
    Last edited by JeffS; 07-30-2014, 05:49 AM.

Re: 2West14

Well, I think I can get the time off.

This will be good to plan.
    CONNORWATCH.ORG

Ain't no right way to do the wrong thing.

Comment

i am in

Comment

A rolling rally is an excellent idea, especially to us "southerners" who will be riding a few extra miles...riding up through Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia with a final destination of Victoria, BC since there are not many exciting roads on Vancouver Island itself.
        My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
        http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

I'm so in. Now if we can just get Gordon and Anne to buy into this mad scheme, we'll be set!
          "Why should I tremble at the plough of my Lord, that maketh deep furrows on my soul? I know He is no idle husbandman; He purposeth a crop." - Samuel Rutherford

Visit ConnorWatch on Facebook.

sigpic

Comment

We can all just show up and surprise the hell out of them like Jeff and Sandra did this year
            My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

I'm interested. I have never been to Canada on the west coast and would like to go. But I don't want to be doing a straight shot all the way back on the bike, so we may need to plan for the return as well.
              Mostly Stock '03
              Support a starving author!
              www.vanstry.net

Comment

First stop, Pinkie's Palace!!! Ann and Gordon and i were discussing this in their room after more than a few drinks. Might think of renting a house for a couple of days like we did on the Cencal route where there are some good roads to ride.
                sigpic

Comment

Well Pinkie will be in SLO by the time this event begins. I thought a Crescent City 1st night would be easy, it's just under 400 miles and has cheap places to stay. Next stop would be maybe Astoria OR another beautiful ocean city around 400 miles. I was told the 101 route along the Washington coast is amazing up to the ferry ride north again another 400ish leg.

I know guys hate the 101 traffic at times, but along the OR coast we found lots of passing lanes and it was not as bad as south in the Kali region. The other options are I-5 or the middle OR route. I won't take I-5 and the Cent OR route I find boring. the house rental would be nice but if there is a last minute problem someone is left holding the bag for that. I would suggest the rental be paid for upfront so it's fair to everyone....that's again my 2 pesos.....
                  Last edited by JeffS; 06-30-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Cut & past from the 2West2013 thread.

"The Trouts are pumped to host 2West14 with planning options already under consideration. The Trout layer in Victoria is open for accommodation with options for micro brew kegs on tap, neighboring musicians, & the Cuban Cigar Shop topping the list for bench support. There's really only one good days ride circle route readily at hand on the southern part of the island. Other roads of value take hours to get to from our place. Another more tempting road worthy option is for us to find & arrange for a base camp near Merritt in order to be at the door step of the majority of BC's curviest runs with awesome approach routs available for those arriving from state side."

A house would be great, but would not want to see someone get stuck. Gordon's suggestion of Merritt sounds good for many reasons.
                    CONNORWATCH.ORG

Comment

Look at that, a week after 13' and we have a plan coming together......this is gonna be an amazing rally.....

Comment

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
                        Look at that, a week after 13' and we have a plan coming together......this is gonna be an amazing rally.....
                        maybe we can get some of the right coast and middle earth clan to join in. not like they can say they didnt have enough advance notice

Comment

Originally posted by sacowan View Post
                          Cut & past from the 2West2013 thread.

"The Trouts are pumped to host 2West14 with planning options already under consideration. The Trout layer in Victoria is open for accommodation with options for micro brew kegs on tap, neighboring musicians, & the Cuban Cigar Shop topping the list for bench support. There's really only one good days ride circle route readily at hand on the southern part of the island. Other roads of value take hours to get to from our place. Another more tempting road worthy option is for us to find & arrange for a base camp near Merritt in order to be at the door step of the majority of BC's curviest runs with awesome approach routs available for those arriving from state side."

A house would be great, but would not want to see someone get stuck. Gordon's suggestion of Merritt sounds good for many reasons.
                          The Merritt, BC base camp option sounds excellent A ride through Wash Rte 20 in the North Cascades getting to Merritt would
                          My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

Originally posted by XXXXL View Post
                            maybe we can get some of the right coast and middle earth clan to join in. not like they can say they didnt have enough advance notice
                            A good excuse to dust off the passport.
                            CONNORWATCH.ORG

Comment

Originally posted by sacowan View Post
                              Originally posted by XXXXL View Post
                              A good excuse to dust off the passport.
                              ...and if you need one, you need to start the process to obtain a passport soon...
                              My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

Working...
                              X