August Eureka Springs Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August Eureka Springs Trip

Every year I take a trip to Eureka Springs AR to spend a weekend with friends driving VW's during the VW festival but last year I started showing up on bikes, just a little more fun. If anyone is looking for a weekend ride with some very spirited driving (In 08' we did $13K damage to a new GTI in a 10mph turn on the pig's trail) I could use a little company Aug 27-29.
    I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.

Re: August Eureka Springs Trip

Originally posted by TheWraith
    Every year I take a trip to Eureka Springs AR to spend a weekend with friends driving VW's during the VW festival but last year I started showing up on bikes, just a little more fun. If anyone is looking for a weekend ride with some very spirited driving (In 08' we did $13K damage to a new GTI in a 10mph turn on the pig's trail) I could use a little company Aug 27-29.
    A bunch of us were just up there June 3-6 Wraith!

I'd love to go again but I'm obligated to do the ZZR Hill Country run that weekend:

http://zzrbikes.com/modules.php?name...er=asc&start=0

Can I talk you into re-calibrating and coming to Kerrville with us?

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
    ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Re: August Eureka Springs Trip

Originally posted by CrazyTrain
      Can I talk you into re-calibrating and coming to Kerrville with us?
      I would love to but it's a once a year get together with friends that still drive cars for fun. The wife and I went up for a dry run in the Audi last weekend, I can't wait.
      I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.

Comment

Since I can't make the Texas rally this year I may be able to make Eureka. It's only 3-4 hours for me. I can make it a day trip (many times now ).
        Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgreykaw
          Since I can't make the Texas rally

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
          ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Possible. I'm 20 miles from E.S. so I should be able to squeeze a ride in.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyTrain
              Originally posted by oldgreykaw
              Since I can't make the Texas rally
              Yeah I know. I had to make some deals with the wife so I could go to Harrison last month and the only reason I get to go to troy's little weekend thing is because her and the kids will be out of town.

I can't go to T.W.O. or the anarchy rally either. The only saving grace for me is my proximity to the ozarks .
              Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by britrex
                Possible. I'm 20 miles from E.S. so I should be able to squeeze a ride in.
                So how come you haven't made either of the two previous Arkansas ZZR soirees this year?

Comment

Out of town for one..and I'm pretty sure there was ugly weather for the last one.

I definitely need to make the next few meets.

Comment

It sure was ugly, but the weather was great!

Comment

It would be great if there was two or more bikes on the ride even though I enjoy spanking the cars myself. Actually this year I am a little aprehensive with the bigger bike over the R6. I did make a pre-run in the wife's Audi last weekend and I can't wait to do it on the ZZR.

Comment

Sorry Danno, I was at the Isle of Man TT races in early June, couldn't make that one.

I'm back now..is anyone over in NW Ark over the next few weekends?

Comment

Ahhh, the TT-every red-blooded motorcyclist's dream vacation. We try so hard to imitate the two-wheeled speed and the wheels-off consumption of adult beverages at our get-togethers!

Comment

I can do the off wheel consumption, but the TT racers are no mere mortals. I saw things there I am still trying to comprehend.

Comment

You'll fit right in with this bunch!

Comment

Working...
                              X