Serious NW 2022 Rally Proposal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious NW 2022 Rally Proposal.

Okay, its time for this motley assemblage to fish or cut bait! I have seen interest from BC Trout, NDY, YYZ, Stevo and Jeff S. That is six of us and that is enough for a good rally any day. (Others are more than welcome to join in whatever we finalize) While I am unable to do much to host or run this thing, here is what I propose: Mrs. Gregness and I will host a BBQ at our place in Republic on Saturday the 9th of July. I can ride on Saturday and Sunday. If there is a group coming from the Idaho/Montana direction, or one coming from the western side of Washington, I would be happy to ride out and return to Republic with them, then also do a day ride on Sunday. We are not in a position to host folks overnight at our place this year with all the construction chaos going on, but there are cheap hotels in Republic and a state park across the Lake from us. The rally can roll on in any direction after Sunday... or that can be the conclusion.

Sorry boys but that's all I got. Y'all got pick it up from here.

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

As Republic has been on the destination list before , which Motel is suggested , Prospector, Northern or Klondike? ..... or camping by the Lake ? If any "reviews" from previous experiences ... will book accordingly . Happy with the cooler weather and good drenching of late . Hopefully will be smoke free in July .

Highway 20 over Cascades officially opened May 12th .... first day of Spring !

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo555 View Post
      As Republic has been on the destination list before , which Motel is suggested , Prospector, Northern or Klondike? ..... or camping by the Lake ? If any "reviews" from previous experiences ... will book accordingly . Happy with the cooler weather and good drenching of late . Hopefully will be smoke free in July .

Highway 20 over Cascades officially opened May 12th .... first day of Spring !
      Northern Inn would be my choice.

Comment

Bump!

Comment

I’m guessing a visit from an ex-knucklehead wouldn’t go amiss? Idk when or how, but I’m amenable to hopping in the SLK for a jaunt…
          "Why should I tremble at the plough of my Lord, that maketh deep furrows on my soul? I know He is no idle husbandman; He purposeth a crop." - Samuel Rutherford

Visit ConnorWatch on Facebook.

sigpic

Comment

Would love to see you Tex! Now we need some of the other knuckleheads to commit...

Comment

Anne & I are definitely going to ride stateside for a week or so this year however, we won't be available July 9th as we've already made a reservation to go camping up island July 3 - 10th. (Yes one has to compete to get a reservation to go camping in BC. Apparently100's searching per available site = ridiculous!)
              Other than considering destinations we are behind in seriously getting into planning our stateside venture ride but will be working on plans during the next 2 weeks. Hopefully we'll be able to see as many as possible one way or another. I understand heat of the summer isn't preferred but August availability is more likely for us.
              Sorry - not much help.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bctrout View Post
                Anne & I are definitely going to ride stateside for a week or so this year however, we won't be available July 9th as we've already made a reservation to go camping up island July 3 - 10th. (Yes one has to compete to get a reservation to go camping in BC. Apparently100's searching per available site = ridiculous!)
                Other than considering destinations we are behind in seriously getting into planning our stateside venture ride but will be working on plans during the next 2 weeks. Hopefully we'll be able to see as many as possible one way or another. I understand heat of the summer isn't preferred but August availability is more likely for us.
                Sorry - not much help.
                Okay Gordo... agree reservation-based camping just seems wrong.

Comment

I'm unfortunately out with a sick bike

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                    I'm unfortunately out with a sick bike
                    Well that sucks. What's the problem with the Blown Wonder?

Comment

Clutch slave cylinder (again). The whole job is cheap and easy but parts are back-ordered and I'm trying to get Kawi to pick up the tab.

Comment

So... Looks like Stevo is the only committed guy; Gareth and Gordo are out, Dave is a maybe. Anyone else?

Comment

I have the July 4th week booked off. Unfortunately I am booked into a work Golf tournament on Monday the 11th now . I could ride my bike from Eastern Wa to Vancouver to make that happen aswell.... but Sunday the 10th is a hard stop for me .
                          Greg if you, or any body feels like a ride around then , I will likely plan a small solo ride around that Republic / Colville region for 3 days , couple nights either way . Few roads I have not ridden , that I'd like to hit, and a few favourites too . Never as much fun solo, but nobody bitchin about too fast , too slow, too long , I stop too often (love road signs) , drink too slow , etc ...

On a good note , the Summer looks fantastic for temps, and hopefully less forest fires .... my California ride in April literally followed the complete path of the nasty 2021 Dixie Fire. Horrible Summer.
                          All the best to all of you pioneers of this site !

PS .... Attaching a pic of a route on my bucket list, would be a great way for the Albertans to come West . Curious if any of the folks here have ridden the whole route, but perhaps most importantly, the Yellow Highlighted part ..... dont think many know of it .

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Well, I am committed to a family function on Puget Sound the 4th weekend. It sounds like the proposed Rally for the following weekend is a non-starter. That's OK, I got so much to do with building our new place it is probably just as well. Hopefully many of you are still healthy and riding when we get it finished up, and then we will host one ROCKING NW Rally in Republic. Next summer or the summer after... depending on how long it takes to complete this project! I am battling "indefinetly delayed" delivery of stuff like HVAC and a fireplace, having to change specs mid-project to keep it rolling.

Hope you all have a great summer, there are few fires and good riding opportunities abound.

Comment

Working...
                            X