Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to see the damage BigO. I hope your body did not get too dinged up. Keep us posted on what you end up doing with your fairings.
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Well, got the side panel and belly pan sorted as good as they re gonna get. A paintless dent guy was able to rubout the grass/dirt stains and then I touched up the few scratches. As for the bellypan, I used some abs plastic specific bumper filler from Bondo to repair the cracks and then hit it with some metallic black spray paint I had laying around. It isnt perfect but it never is unless you buy new plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Nice job Mike! Sorry I haven't been on since the ride but that is the price I have to pay for getting to go on the ride. It was a really great time even with the thirty mile rainstorm heading back to the motel on Saturday. My jacket was still a little damp when I left Sunday morning.
        Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Comment

Glad you were able to make it. The rain sucked but fortunately we were heading back to the motel at the end of the ride. Nothing much worse than getting rained on early in the ride and then being wet/damp the rest of the day.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyTrain View Post
            It was GREAT to ride with you blokes again!
            You too Chris!

Nothing better than Arkansas catfish at the Cliff House! LOL

Comment

Got the new right-side foot oeg bracket installed. Didnt think I was ever going to get it bled!

Id like to be able to get that dent out of the pipe. Anybody have any ideas?

Comment

Your repairs look great
                My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

No one has asked, so I'm going to. What happened? Looks like a little more than a driveway mishap.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Moise; 05-22-2022, 02:17 PM.
                  "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                  99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Going around a tight, blind right hander. Narrow lanes. As I got nearer the apex I saw a 2 ft wide batch of sand in it and adusted my line. That normally would put me in the middle of my lane. Due to the corner being so tight and narrow it put me into the oncoming lane. I had the bike back in line and I was going to get it back my lane when a Jeep came at me head on. Only option was to stand the bike up and go off road. Shoulder was grassy and about 10 wide. It then went steeply down into a small tree line. Tried to scrub off speed and remain upright but the grass provided no traction and down I went. I think the bike was practically parallel to the decline when I lost traction and went down. Hence more of sliding abrasion to the side panels as opposed to breakage. It appeared that the tip of the rear brake lever dug into the ground which is what caused it to pivot where it attaches to the bracket. The rear master cylinder also attaches to the bracket and appears to be the weak spot since it broke the bracket at that location instead of where the bracket attaches to the frame and normally breaks at the right side peg.

Comment

Wow Mike, that sucks! I looked at replacement panels for my ZX14R after my first drive-way tip-over in 30 years cracked and scuffed a few pieces. Big money. I am putting up with being scruffy looking for now, but should probably bite the bullet before this inflation rampage makes things even worse... and 30th anniversary model color-scheme parts are out of production!
                      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                        Wow Mike, that sucks! I looked at replacement panels for my ZX14R after my first drive-way tip-over in 30 years cracked and scuffed a few pieces. Big money. I am putting up with being scruffy looking for now, but should probably bite the bullet before this inflation rampage makes things even worse... and 30th anniversary model color-scheme parts are out of production!
                        Yeah, they are definitely proud of their plastic.

The nose cowl is $600!

Comment

Why don’t you stop by a paintless dent removal clinic and see if they can pull that dent from the pipe.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
                            Why don’t you stop by a paintless dent removal clinic and see if they can pull that dent from the pipe.
                            When I had them buff out the side panel he looked at it but said the metal was too thick/strong.

Comment

Thanks Mike, that explains the grass stains on the fairing! Not good that it happened but the outcome could have been much worse.

The repairs look pretty good. You might be able to find a used bellypan at some stage?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                              99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                                Got the new right-side foot oeg bracket installed. Didnt think I was ever going to get it bled!

Id like to be able to get that dent out of the pipe. Anybody have any ideas?

The repairs do look great

For the pipe, fill it full of expanding foam and plug the exhaust end. It should pop that dent out in a jiffy.

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                                ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Working...
                                X