Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of these days I need another Ark trip....Ride fast, have fun, be safe.
    Currently there is an F150 and a 14 foot trailer parked in front of my house. In the trailer: 1200GSA, new Tiger 1200, my Ninja 1000 and a borrowed 200? BMW RT. The RT will be a test to see if Mrs. Slayman finds it accommodating enough that she'd consider multiday excursions. Probably shouldn't take her along to the Tail of the Dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgreykaw View Post
      I have installed the the brake light modulating unit, turn signal cancelling unit, spin-on oil filter adapter (with oil change), new spark plugs and synchronized the carbs. I’ll be riding up on Friday. I’ll hit y’all up about your route on Friday to see if we can meet up during the day.
      And that's how you represent. Some day I make it
      sigpic

Comment

Home at 1230. No rain and sunny skies the whole way. Narrowly escaped a major ticket though. Until next time……..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Home also. Rear tire toast only got 1275 miles on the new T32 Great seeing everybody peace

Comment

Fairy
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ZZ-r; 05-15-2022, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Fairy and lunch:

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Looks like a great time!
                "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Geez, a bunch of old farts enjoying motorcycling............

I wish!
                  I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Originally posted by BillDownUnder View Post
                    Geez, a bunch of old farts enjoying motorcycling............

I wish!
                    No, we 're old! LOL!

Comment

Just perusing the pics.. damn! Y'all ARE getting grey and grizzled! . Thought it was only me! The die hards abide!
                      Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
                      A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

Did have a slight accident

Comment

Oucha! That's a bitch! Re cracks in fairing uppers.. check out Delboy's Garage on his info on plastic welding? Replacement don't bear thinking about in dollars!
                          Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
                          A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

Originally posted by philabeg View Post
                            Oucha! That's a bitch! Re cracks in fairing uppers.. check out Delboy's Garage on his info on plastic welding? Replacement don't bear thinking about in dollars!
                            Yeah, costly for sure.

I'm going to attempt to repair the bellypan by using a Bondo repair kit for bumpers. It is made for the flexible ABS plastic like our fairings are made of.

I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered a new upper/nose cowl. Even if I could have repaired it, trying to match the paint would have been difficult and still would have cost $300 for the paint and associated supplies.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                              Did have a slight accident
                              Hey Mike - That sucks - glad you’re ok. If my memory serves me right you’ve still got the Aprilia as back up. Maybe it will get some love while you get the 14 sorted. The price of fairing pieces is just rude.

If you end up needing to source some parts there is a Cdn supplier that sells 14r OEM takeoff parts. His name is Cory. His company is Cory’s Motorcycle Sales and Salvage. I’ve used him before and referred others to him. He’s a solid dude and I can highly recommend him. You can also benefit from the US $ spread because he’s in Canada. You can find him online at:

www.402bike.com

Good luck getting it sorted.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Working...
                              X