2022 2 West Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Yeah, definitely a week or more commitment.coming from Republic to Eureka Springs.

When I travel out west I always travel on the weekends and ride the five days through the week.

However, you are 30 hours away and unless you are wanting to have 15 hour driving days you'd break it up into three traveling days.

Since you made the trip to Eureka you might as well go another 10 hours east to Georgia and hit those roads.

Hell, if you could get the logistics to work and money is worth less than time you could just ship the bike(s) and fly out.

Or, I know a guy with a spare ZX 14 you could use if you just wanted to fly out and not bring a bike
    I will keep that offer in mind!
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Hi all, Looking at Grand junction and area . Sounds like most of you have been touring a bunch more than I ... and with Big O having just been there, I have a question . Grand Junction does look nice , some nice twisty to sweeper looking roads... lots of monuments, vistas to see etc, BUT over near Boulder , CO is a pile of tight twisties that really gets me excited, Tail of The Dragon-esque, and NC stuff ... Whats the downside ? Lots of traffic that close to Denver/ Boulder and tourist areas? Better night life in Grand Junction? Curious what the intell is ..... I am a Pacific Northwest guy at best so zero knowledge of the area.... Whole area looks amazing . I am sure a few of you know the area well .....

Comment

Boulder area “The Front Range” has a lot more traffic.
        My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
        http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
          Boulder area “The Front Range” has a lot more traffic.
          Yes, it is horrid...
          "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

We may also want to consider a more central location, to loop rides, like Delta, Montrose, or Paonia. My brother lives in Carbondale, and I have ridden with him in southwestern and central Colorado nearly every summer. I used to stay with my sister in Grand Junction, but it would have been more convenient or closer to loop rides with my niece if we had stayed about an hour or more south but the housing in GJ was free My sister has since moved back to Arizona.
            My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
            http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

We based out of Grand Junction due to its proximity to the Million Dollar Highway (550), Colorado National Monument Park and Arches National Park.

The scenery is spectacular!

I can't speak for the nightlife as we based out of a house and were content with grilling out and drinking there.
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Again funny, as have not met any of you, but somehow I have figured out there is some serious mileage in your motorcycling CV's , and all the intell that goes with it ....

next question , there a bunch of tiny little back roads between Idaho Springs and Conifer . They are very close to Denver , but seem hidden enough as not to draw a lot of mainstream traffic ....

Is this too close to traffic/ population to go ripping through that area ? Too many driveways etc ? Love all
                the little 2 lane roads that don't make the "must ride lists"

Stagecoach Blvd and bunch of others like it ....curious about these too

Comment

Working...
                X