No announcement yet.

New Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for Plexus. It's $40 a can in NZ and I thought it couldn't be worth that. But I started using it 3 years ago, and my 4-year old Shoei visors still look like new.

It also does a great job on windshields and rear view mirrors.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
    99 Yamaha R1

Comment

I use Pledge (actually, the generic equivalent) and have no issues with scratching or hurting any surface whether it be my visor, bike plastics or whatever.

$2.47 a can at Wally World

But if you want to spend $40 on Plexus that's your call
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Furniture polish gets it done just fine. I don't use a lot of Plexus on my visors so I can't
        give a comparison of the 2. The big can I have is probably 2 years old or better. I do know
        that it last longer than furniture polish, and it doesn't cost me much being we use it around the shop
        at work on our touchscreens, displays and other clear plastic stuff. I use ceramic stuff on my fairing
        and plastics on the Zed. Works pretty badass. Bugs and road crap just hoses off, and wipe with wet
        micro fiber rag. Ole girl still shines like a new dime.
        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

I use Pledge on the bike, it's great stuff but doesn't last long. But Plexus is better on visors. You don't need much and it lasts for months. I doubt I'll ever need another can!

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
          99 Yamaha R1

Comment

I use baby wipes on for the visor when I'm riding. Get the small, flat package of them. Easily packs into a tank or tail bag.
            tbolt

Comment

Originally posted by tbolt View Post
              I use baby wipes on my ass when I'm riding. Get the small, flat package of them. Easily packs into a tank or tail bag.
              Fixed!

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Fixed!
                Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Fixed!
                  That's the secondary benefit of them in the tank bag. They are useful if you have to take a "nature walk".
                  tbolt

Comment

I wonder if a Bidet could be installed. Maybe some kind of piping system being warmed by the radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by Kawasakian View Post
                      CHARLIE, I worked on engines, wheels, and wings, never had to clean planes. Doing an annual on a plane involves lubricants and anti corrosive products that can cost up to $200 bucks for a large spray can. I will be checking out this Plexus though. How do you like your ARAI helmet?/ I really think I want to try and get one but aren't sure of what model or where is the best place to buy them. The dealers around here have had the same helmets sitting around for years, and they want a lot for them. My cheap KBC Visor has held up incredible, to be honest. I redid the liner myself. I found that Jo-Ann Fabrics has the same foam backed material that's in the helmet, and I used the old ones for patterns.
                      The Service Pavillion is by far the best bunch to buy an Arai from and they have been able to source and sell parts to me for Arai's that have been long discontinued. Check out their yard sale helmets for new old stock at reasonable prices.

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                      ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Will do.

Comment

Working...
                        X