This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tentative Canadian-American Rally in WA

Greetings- I wanted to let the rest of you 'Mericans know that I have ventured forth the idea of having our friends in BC and Alberta ride down and do a short rally the last weekend of July- IF the border opens up. They seem pretty up for it- again IF the border opens up. This would be a short rally based near the border at my cabin near Republic, a couple hours northwest of Spokane. We will entertain any who show up on Friday and Saturday nights, and plan on doing a group ride on Saturday. There is camping space at our place as well as the State Park accross the lake, and cheap hotels in Republic. Core dates are Friday July 30 - Sunday August 1.

So save the date if you are so inclined, and let's see what happens. Both governments are talking about an announcement on June 22...

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Hi There Greg... I sure hope the border opens , and I know I am keen to meet the faces behind the names and Avatars. However, I booked tickets back in January to the Watershed Concert in George, WA that weekend funny enough, in anticipation that normal would return .

The long weekend is a busy weekend for sure, if there is any thought of bumping a week forward or backward , I would love to finally connect. If anybody is planning an early arrival or a later stay, I could likely sneak a day of riding that way as well. If I cant make the weekend, and things open in June, will plan some riding down there in late June perhaps , or another weekend that works.
    Steve

Comment

I rode through Republic WA on July 4th, 1993 taking a US route (hwy 2) from my sister's place in Keremeos, BC back home to Manitoba on my 1986 FXR. I spent most of the day there just enjoying the celebrations and taking in all the sights and sounds. Was the highlight of the trip. The scenery in the area is breathtaking. I would love to get back there one day.

Comment

I'm getting the adrenaline surges just thinking about it.

Will confer with Mrs. Trout this evening and confirm ASAP.
        sigpic

Comment

Got the "whatever" from Mrs. Trout = I'm in IF the boarder opens up & they get rid of the return requirement for 14 day self quarantine (can't afford that much time away from w...).

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bctrout View Post
            Got the "whatever" from Mrs. Trout = I'm in IF the boarder opens up & they get rid of the return requirement for 14 day self quarantine (can't afford that much time away from w...).
            We can always invoke the emergency cuban cigar delivery angle...

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post

We can always invoke the emergency cuban cigar delivery angle...
              Gentlemen, place your requests - cuban cigars, maple syrup, growlers, 5 star whiskey?

Can't see a local scrap yard for a stripper pole, guess they'll be swinging form peeled pine this year.
              sigpic

Comment

Bump and Update: Looking promising for the last weekend in July... the hosers up north are all getting vaccinated and the border looks to be open to them after July 21. Any other 'Mericans interested?

Comment

I will be in Colorado the week of July 18th-24th ADVing on my VStrom but have to return to AZ for work by the 28th, so I am out. Enjoy the get together!
                  My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                  http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
                    I will be in Colorado the week of July 18th-24th ADVing on my VStrom but have to return to AZ for work by the 28th, so I am out. Enjoy the get together!
                    I thought you were retired!

Comment

If anyone has contact information for JeffS, please pass it along or ping him about this event. Worth a shot!

Comment

I thought you were retired!
                        This year coming up will be my last year of teaching; going to 30 years for an extra pay factor in retirement. Then dates for events will no longer matter!

My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

If anyone has contact information for JeffS, please pass it along or ping him about this event. Worth a shot!
                          I sent Jeff a message on Facebook.

My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

Scratch the "Tentative" off the tile. The Boarder is open.
                            sigpic

Comment

can Candadians go south? NOt clear by reading this https://sports.yahoo.com/canada-lift...144552616.html

Comment

Working...
                              X