Ride Report: Sierras feather river loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Report: Sierras feather river loop

Through much sleuthing I found a fellow Kawasaki H2 Rider locally here in the Reno Tahoe area and we decided to take a 300 mile Loop yesterday from North Tahoe Truckee area down to Oroville via Highway 70 and the Feather River. Back up hwy 160 by Bullards Bar dam. Stunning views great riding with over 500hp combined I can report there is nothing like riding an H2. We did almost get performance Awards but I think the twisty nature of the road and the highway patrol SUV that passed us the opposite direction didn't feel capable of turning around and trying to catch us :). https://maps.app.goo.gl/TrhAMSxrE5h9QmSL7
    Attached Files

Looks like a great day!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

I'm jealous .... looks like a great ride ,likely perfect temps .... and amazing bikes just to top it all off ... nice share . Pretty sweet back yard to play in ...

Comment

Nice! 300 miles is a full day.

Comment

Sounds like a great time James! It was on that very loop in 1980 that I discovered the joy of sport-riding on a twisty road, on my first Kawasaki- a KZ650. Jeez that was a long time ago...
          "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Beautiful country for an awesome ride on some awesome bikes! I want to hit that area some day soon!
            My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
            http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Looks like a good ride
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Looks fantastic!

That bit from Quincy up to Chester, then up to Lassen is one of my favorite places

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Love it! I drove that road all the time in the 80s

Comment

Good thing you got this loop in. The Dixie fire has forever changed some of that landscape.

Comment

yes sad state of affairs but can stop fires from happening

Comment

Working...
                      X