X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG O's BIG 50 Rally August 23-27!

Hey all of my ZZR friends!!!

I'm planning on having a Rally in honor of me making it to the ripe,old age of 50!

Amanda will be coming along also and I have a couple of days of 2 up riding planned.

That being said, please bring along the wife or girlfriend.

- Arriving: Sunday, August, 22th

- Departing: Saturday August, 28th

- Riding Monday - Friday

I'm going to be basing out of Grand Junction, Colorado

- Motel: http://www.grandvistahotel.com/

Currently $76 a night for the dates in question. That's either with one King bed or two Double beds.

There is a bar/restaurant attached to the hotel as well.

Has views of the mountains and a river runs next to the hotel too.

Many great roads and attractions in the area:

- Million Dollar Highway(550). HIghway 50 to Gunnison, etc..... Just look at a map......too many great roads to list!!!!

- Arches National Park

- Canyonland National Park

So, come on out and celebrate with me! Can't think of a better place or group of friends to do so with!!!

Last edited by BIG O; 01-10-2021, 10:03 AM.
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Mike, I would love to join! Our younger daughter is getting married in August and we have other stuff going one but I will try to find a way!

Greg
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I will definitely try to make it. That’s an amazing part of the world with some of the best riding roads around. Maybe the Canada / US border will be open by then. F..k Covid

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Greg, it'd be great if you can make it! It's all about priorities

There is a chance you're daughter could get married again in her lifetime. On the other hand, I only turn 50 once

So, I guess I'll see you in August
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Amen Dave.
          Figure those of us that have made it to through COVID all the way to August deserve a reward

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
            There is a chance you're daughter could get married again in her lifetime. On the other hand, I only turn 50 once

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
              Greg, it'd be great if you can make it! It's all about priorities

Good point!
              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I need to grind on this a while. I had it in mind to do Colorado this year. Was thinking of taking a month off to do so, take the Connie and make it a loooong road trip.

I went camping last week in my p/u truck. Had about every convenience you could think of for camping and was exhausted after one night. Might need to go in to training for such an event.

Comment

Originally posted by mehush View Post
                  I need to grind on this a while. I had it in mind to do Colorado this year. Was thinking of taking a month off to do so, take the Connie and make it a loooong road trip.

I went camping last week in my p/u truck. Had about every convenience you could think of for camping and was exhausted after one night. Might need to go in to training for such an event.
                  Hey Mike,

It'd be great if you could incorporate my Birthday Rally into your trip.

Also, I'm anticipating riding a couple of days two up as Amanda has given up motorcycling.

They will be at a slower, more relaxed pace to enjoy the views and scenery.

Comment

Mike: Be forewarned, when the wife gives up riding she generally takes up shopping. Just so you know.

Comment

I'm good with that Dave.

Amanda is a good sport about my passion for motorcycling and never gives me any grief over it.

If the only price I have to pay for that is her going shopping on occasion then I'm good with that

Comment

I was just jerking your chain Mike. My s/o gave up riding years ago, that never moved the needle on her shopping habits one way or the other. She seems even more accepting of my riding adventures now than she was when she rode her own bike or when she used to ride on the back of mine. Maybe she needs me to go away so she can spend some time with her boyfriend.

Comment

All good Dave.

I knew you were joking.

Comment

Working...
                          X