Ride to the Grand Canyon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride to the Grand Canyon!

Made a blast up the the south rim of the Grand Canyon and overnighted at an old but remodeled motel in Williams on Route 66
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 19 photos.
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Nice.

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Looks like a great time Bill!
      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Amanda and I went there a few years ago.

Pictures just don't do it justice or begin to display how HUGE the Canyon is.

We were looking at a rock feature from one of the lookout locations and a helicopter flew by.

The helicopter looked like an ANT!!!!

If you've never visited the Grand Canyon you really need to.

Glad you made it there Bill and thanks for the pics
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Sweet - I’ve been to the Grand Canyon a number of times but only once on the motorcycle. I rode the 3 Flags Rally from Mexico to Canada on my ZZR many years ago. We routed through Arizona to see the Canyon then crossed over into New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming and then through Montana working our way home. That was an amazing trip!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Ho hum just another day out in Arizona

The Grand Canyon is absolutely jaw dropping

Comment

Ken, looking forward to the day we can ride again together!

It was a great trip Greg but prefer riding with others.

So true Big-O! I flew over it years ago in a helicopter on our way to a fire in Utah. It is enormous and expands from horizon to horizon

NDY, sounds like an epic trip! One for the bucket list!

YYCZed, just another plain ol’ southwestern state

My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

I have seen it from the air probably 10 times but have never been there. Maybe one day. I'll bet it's a lifetime
                experience on a skoot though. Very cool.
                "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

I wanna go!

You're lucky you live so close, Bill

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                  ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Wife and I were there in 2015. It was excellent. We may even have stayed in the same motel in Williams.
                    Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by BillDownUnder View Post
                      Wife and I were there in 2015. It was excellent. We may even have stayed in the same motel in Williams.
                      I stayed at the ol’ Downtowner now The Rodeway Inn. An old Route 66 motel with a tight parking and small, low ceiling rooms. The king-sized bed took up most of the room, lol. Nevertheless, newly remodeled, a great motorcycle friendly place and within walking distance of the railroad station, bars, and restaurants
                      My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

And then there's Waimea Canyon, also known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific.,This is a large canyon, approximately ten miles long and up to 3,000 feet deep, located on the western side of Kauaʻi. Also very scenic, but obviously a lot smaller.

We have only ever driven in the USA, but would love to ride a bike there.
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

We have only ever driven in the USA, but would love to ride a bike there.
                          Come on over!!

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Sure, as soon as they let us out of the country here .....
                            Rumour has it that won't be until mid next year sometime.

Travel from Australia to Europe and the USA will likely not happen until 2022.
                            Last edited by BillDownUnder; 10-11-2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Sure, as soon as they let us out of the country here .....
                              Rumour has it that won't be until mid next year sometime.

Travel from Australia to Europe and the USA will likely not happen until 2022.
                              They won't let you out of the country? Why?

We can go wherever we like from NZ, but have to go into managed isolation for 14 days after returning, and pay the cost. Fair enough.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                              99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Working...
                              X