Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated dates to match recent conversation with 14Junkie .

Comment

Pooo, dates moved, won't work for me....Curses, foiled again!

Comment

Originally posted by dbsuperbiker View Post
        Pooo, dates moved, won't work for me....Curses, foiled again!
        If I had known you were wanting to attend, I might not have changed it.

As is, a job prospect surprisingly fell through, so looks like I'm not gonna make the bike rally, either.

Comment

I'm late to the party as usual......so are we on or off for next week?
          sigpic

Comment

As far as I know, the plan is to arrive on Tuesday (22nd) and head back home on Friday (25th).

However, Mehush can't swing those dates due to work schedule and is planning on arriving on Monday (21st) and heading back home on Thursday (24th) I believe.

I've already booked my room for 22-25.
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Arrived today. Gotta leave on Thurs.

Quick solo run over the Richard Russel this afternoon. Long shadows and the sun in your eyes makes it tough to see the road well. At least that is my excuse for being slow.

Have the wife along on this trip. We took 2 days to get here, spending last night in Athens, Ga, home of the Bulldogs. It was like I never left home since I live right down the street from one of the largest schools in the country. We tried doing a little hiking today but it was a no go for the wife. 60+ years of sittin on your ass will do that to ya. Sad, cuz I'm not ready to give up exploring.

It seems a little early for leaf peepers, and a little late for vacationers, but the roads are busy, and all the little back road trailhead parking lots are full of cars. Seems like a lot of folks have gotten hooked on outdoor activities as a result of the pandemic.

Looking forward to seeing some of the boys tomorrow.

Comment

Glad you got a little ride in today Mike.

Ill be there tomorrow afternoon.

At least we'll get to ride together Wednesday.

Wish you could stay an extra day.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

On the road,hope to see everybody around 3.

Comment

A quick bite of breakfast and we will be off. Have a fun route planned, and some lovely weather to ride in.

Comment

Made it home safely yesterday around 315.

Drove through rain and drizzle most of the 6+ hour trip home.

Thanks to everyone that was able to make it.

Unfortunately, we had some unforeseen events that changed things but we adapted and made the best of it.

I really appreciate everyone taking time out of their schedule to come and ride and hangout.

That's what ZZR Bikes is all about

Comment

Nice. Peace

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                          Made it home safely yesterday around 315.

Drove through rain and drizzle most of the 6+ hour trip home.

Thanks to everyone that was able to make it.

Unfortunately, we had some unforeseen events that changed things but we adapted and made the best of it.

I really appreciate everyone taking time out of their schedule to come and ride and hangout.

That's what ZZR Bikes is all about
                          Glad y'all got some riding in, at least.

Comment

We had a good half day of riding.

We took 68 up to Tellico and rode the Cherohala across.

We had decided to bypass Deals Gap and do the 28 ride down to Franklin.

As we left the fuel station at the end of the Cherohala in North Carolina we encountered a nice Porsche 911 and raced it all the way to the dam before we headed up 129 to Deals Gap.

Once we reached the intersection of 28/129 we pulled over to take a break and shoot the shit.

Upon hopping back on the bikes mehush noticed that Pete's rear tire was flat. He had picked up a little piece of metal somewhere along the way.

Pete pulled out a plug kit he had stashed in the storage area under the rear pillion cover and threw a couple of plugs in it.

Unfortunately, there was still a tiny leak so we decided to go back down to Wheeler's and have them plug/patch it.

Upon getting there, there were already three bikes ahead of Pete. We didn't think it would take that log so we decided to wait.

WRONG!

About 2 hours later we were still sitting there and still one more bike BEFORE Pete! (those guys apparently get paid by the hour not the bike )

Our plan was to ride the Cherohala back after the repair but now a storm front was moving in so we scrapped that idea.

In the end, Pete said to hell with it. He pumped it full of air and we slabbed back down 129 to Blairsville. Tire held fine and we didn't encounter any rain.....................that day.

As nightfall came so did the rain.

Had hoped it would be done by the next morning but to no avail. So we all loaded up and headed for home.

The original plan was to ride that day and head home the next.

Pete felt bad and apologized profusely for his tire issue and having to cut the trip short.

No need to but appreciated it. We all know shit happens when riding motorcycles and you can't control mother nature.

I was just happy to get to hang out and ride a day or two with my ZZR Brothers

Wish you could have made it Mark. Hopefully in the spring.

Be safe.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X