X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending you a PM...
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

image_15033.jpg All loaded up. About to trailer up to meet the crew on the first leg Friday. 700 Miles from Tahoe to Lewiston ID... Fresh oil, brake pads, on the k1300s.. I would have loved to have brought the H2 for this ride but her need to taste the fuel at any gas station (120 Miles tops rang on 91 octane)... would make for challenging sport touring. Will take a lot of pictures.

Comment

Good deal!

Really wish I could have made this trip.

(Turns out the big trip we had scheduled for out east is getting cancelled due to the COVID 19 issues in New York, Vermont and Canada, etc.....)

Also, after seeing your HP it really makes me miss mine

Be safe and take lots of pics for us

Mike
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

shit, I was supposed to be in Montana this weekend

have a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
            shit, I was supposed to be in Montana this weekend have a great time!
            me too! I hope you guys have a blast!!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Have a rockin good ride and post often with lots of pics.

I'll be along in spirit raising a glass for to each one.
              sigpic

Comment

Will do! Like JM, got new pads, new tires and she's all dolled up. Roll out tomorrow morning!

Comment

I’ll be following along virtually since I can’t be there for real.

Comment

About a 300 mile day. All good great roads.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• As you can see in the pics James posted above, we completed Day 1 of our mini-rally in Hamilton MT. I am posting a pic of our meet-up in Lewiston with James, that's Paul- we can refer to him as Suzuki Paul since he is riding a new GSX1000 on this ride.

We had a beautiful day for riding and little traffic on the roads (thank you Covid-19, I knew you were good for something). Mid-80's all day. Only downer was about 20 miles of brand new chip-seal being applied not far out of Lewiston. Once past that it was great. Saw one LEO after that all day and we avoided being pulled over, in spite of riding pretty much 70-85 mph all through that 90 miles of 50 MPH zone. Stopped for lunch at the Lochsa Lodge (see James' pic) 2w1.jpg , the Cod tacos were awesome. Dinner was a pub with good food in downtown Hamilton.

More pics tomorrow...

G

Comment

• I'm emerald blaze green with envy

Comment

• Day 2: Sorry to torture those of you who could not make it, but today was totally freaking awesome. We rolled out of Hamilton and headed south on 93 after a Burger King breakfast (no comment) and about half an hour later the serious fun began. Before the turn off on 43 to Wisdom (no snide comments needed) the road climbs a pass and the corners are fantastic. I love Montana. Where else in the US do you have a highway with a 70 mph speed limit with corners marked for 20 and 25 mph? I was pretty much full tilt, pulling redline on the trips through the gears between turns. At the top of the pass the turn off to 43 appears, and James and I headed east pronto. This road descends thousands of feet in long sweeping turns with miles-long straight stretches, on one of which a buck sixty plus came up a couple of times. Weather was perfect. We stopped in Wisdom for fuel, but the only gas station in town only had 87 octane regular. We all had the range to reach Dillon, another 65 miles east, so we headed out. A more sedate 90 mph cruise landed us there less than an hour later. Saw some cool ancient mining operations along the way. Got 91 octane at the Conoco in Dillon.

From there we headed east to Twin Bridges in Madison County. Found a good spot and had lunch on the veranda of The Shack. James will post a pic. I had a great green chili burrito, and we had a long leisurely meal discoursing with a sassy young waitress.

From there it was on over to Bozeman, cruising the hills and valleys at 85-90. As we got closer to Bozeman the Madison river we were along side filled up with people rafting and tubing, and the road got more crowded. At Bozeman we jumped on I-90 an cruised at 90 mph (this time with the flow of traffic) to Livingston and our destination. After cleaning up our bikes a couple of beers at a local brew pub were followed by dinner at the Montana Rib and Chop House. James and I both had the ribs, they were excellent.

I am encountering error messages trying to post a couple of pics, will try again later.

Tomorrow is the Beartooth Pass and Chief Joseph Highway. Can't wait.

G

Comment

• 2w3.jpg 2w2.jpg
                            Lower: Gas in Dillon

Upper: Dinner in Livingston

Comment

• Good on y’all havin a blast. Keep it dialed in & do tell.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I’m enjoying following along. Your riding some of my favorite roads. Keep the stories and the pictures coming. The Cdn contingent is with you in spirit. The weather looks great. Have fun out there!!

Comment

Working...
                                X