No announcement yet.

Blood Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After raining all this week, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are supposed to be nothing but sunshine. Georgia is not under a state wide shelter-in-place order, so I'm gonna take off work Friday and ride all day. Temps are showing high of 68 at Blood Mountain, with a high of 82 at home in Atlanta.

I'm planning on leaving my house between 9-10 a.m. to get up there about 11 a.m.

Comment

It’s great if you can still get out and ride. I can’t think of anything that has more social distance. Pack your own lunch and off you go. I would be riding if the damn snow would go away. Normally I would be skiing for another month but unfortunately all the ski hills are closed along with everything else. Have fun and stay safe!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Another 300 miles today! Bike is right below 600 miles ready to have its first service.

Road impressions

I road Blood Mountain (north and south sides), Wolf Pen Gap Rd, 60 from TWO south to Dahlonega. Minimal gravel/dirt/grass on all roads. The spots that had some, it was usually concentrated on the center line. Traffic was light. Ran into single road construction again crossing from 60 to 129 via 19; they're grinding then filling rough spots.

Bike impressions

Becoming more comfortable with the bike. Can't wait to drop the stock exhaust for the M4 GP full system. I spent most of my time in 3rd on Blood Mountain where it has enough power and engine breaking to be quite versatile.

Weather

High mid 80's. Roads were bone dry.

Overall

Blood Mountain was crowded with bikes. Someone mentioned the Blood Mountain Riders Facebook group; went back and requested to join. Some guys were parked by the sweepers taking photos. A few guys had GoPros. Might have to get one.

I ran into no bikes, motorcycles or bicycles, on Wolf Pen Gap Rd.

Took a lot of breaks; even though the bike is 430 lbs/195 kg wet, it's still very tiring to run Blood Mountain up/down twice.

Stopped at T.W.O. for another break and some pictures. Right before I snapped pictures, 9 people road off on their bikes.
        Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful bike Mark.

Comment

Mid 80's... I can almost remember what that feels like!
            Next ride you can wind her up and see what she's got!

G
            "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Disregard.
              Last edited by BIG O; 03-28-2020, 04:20 PM.
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I heard about Cherohala and Deals Gap oad closures from some people at Blood Mountain. One guy insisted Cherohala was open.

Comment

Found this: https://www.wbir.com/article/news/gr...c-904f49f973fa

Will need a permit to access (free to apply via email) the Cherohala Skyway: http://grahamcounty.org/wp-content/u...ANTrevised.pdf

But you either have to have property there or have a business reason to get one: http://grahamcounty.org/wp-content/u...E-4REVISED.pdf

Comment

Yeah, I saw that article.

Hopefully things will have stabilized by the end of April.

Otherwise we are going to find some property for sale
                    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                      Yeah, I saw that article.

Hopefully things will have stabilized by the end of April.

Otherwise we are going to find some property for sale
                      Plots of land in Graham country can be had for $1500 or less. Not that I looked already

Comment

BTW

I think it is ABSURD that they close an entire road.

Illinois was one of the first states to start the "shelter in" restriction/ quarantine and even WE haven't done something as idiotic as this!

However, if we do close roads, hopefully it will be all roads leading OUT of Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

Plots of land in Graham country can be had for $1500 or less. Not that I looked already
                          Hmmm, how long can we finance it for and at what rate?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Oh, that's right.

I forgot you were going with a full system.

Add another $500 to it.

So I'll say between $1500-$1700 OTD.
                            He just quoted me $2200:

I just did an order for another customer who has the exact same bike as yours - he ordered an M4 full system, K&N air filter, Power Commander 5, the install labor for everything, plus a dyntotune with tax and everything - $2200 dollars
                            That seems high - I'm gonna ask for a price breakdown.

Full exhaust is $765 on https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/m...xhaust-system/. Air filter is $77 (https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...x636-2009-2016). PC5 is $340 (https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...x636-2013-2020).

Which means he's charging about a $1000 for labor. And that doesn't include anything else I was asking for.

Comment

$1000 seems CRAZY for what he is doing.

However, I can't say I'm at all familiar with what has to be done to put a full system on your bike.

Typically, a dyno tune runs around $300.

I'd efinitely get a price breakdown.

What is his shop labor rate?

That slipon with the Dan Moto mid pipe is looking better and better

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                                After raining all this week, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are supposed to be nothing but sunshine. Georgia is not under a state wide shelter-in-place order, so I'm gonna take off work Friday and ride all day. Temps are showing high of 68 at Blood Mountain, with a high of 82 at home in Atlanta.

I'm planning on leaving my house between 9-10 a.m. to get up there about 11 a.m.
                                Rippppp it. Peace

Comment

Working...
                                X