• BIG O
    replied
    BUMP to post # 1

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Originally posted by BIG O View Post

I have found this to be true also.

Glad you were able to get everything refunded Mark.
    Me too!

My biggest concern now though is not flying enough this year to keep Delta Gold Medallion status.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark View Post
    Companies are bending over backwards in response to COVID-19. I was able to cancel and get a full refund for all flights this year, including the one to Austin I purchased with skymiles. It did take reaching out via Twitter to get that, though: refund through their site would leave me less a $150 cancellation fee.

I have found this to be true also.

Glad you were able to get everything refunded Mark.

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Originally posted by reidmct View Post

That is very generous of them, considering that their ticket rules make clear: NO REFUNDS for any reason.

I'm hearing that some local venue owners are cobbling together a phantom SXSW of some sort. Not an official large event, but a cooperative effort among many live music venues, so that shows can still happen and clubs and performers can somehow share revenue.

It could be an interesting time to be in Austin over the next couple weeks.
    Companies are bending over backwards in response to COVID-19. I was able to cancel and get a full refund for all flights this year, including the one to Austin I purchased with skymiles. It did take reaching out via Twitter to get that, though: refund through their site would leave me less a $150 cancellation fee.

Leave a comment:

• YYCZED
    replied
    Thanks again for dealing with that stuff Mike.

I changed my flights and kept my ticket, so hopefully I can make it in November. For the April 1 weekend I'm going to go fishing in Montana instead

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Just spoke with a COTA rep and cancelled my tickets

Leave a comment:

• jimmymac
    replied
    Intense!

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Hey everybody, I was able to get most of the $1055.32 initial payment back EXCEPT a $158.00 service fee that VRBO charged.

So, everybody will be receiving a refund of $100.00.

The breakdown is as follows:

$1055.32 subtract $158.00= $897.32 divided by 9 = $99.70

I will say that the homeowner was very helpful in helping me get the money back. He went so far as to e mail me a screenshot of the messages that he sent and received to/from VRBO which gave me some leverage when speaking with the VRBO reps.

Initially, they were only going to refund $745.81. However, after going back and forth with several different VRBO reps for a couple of hours and relaying to them what the homeowner had given me with his screenshot I was able to get them to increase the amount to $897.32

Below is the VRBO itemized invoice.

$499.00 x 3 nights
    $1,497.00
    Service Fee
    $158.00
    Property Damage Protection
    $59.00
    Lodging Tax
    $89.82
    Total
    $1,803.82
    Due on November 27, 2019 Paid
    $1,055.32
    Due on March 18, 2020 Cancelled
    $748.50

For those of you that have already paid me the second installment of $ 83.00 I of course will add that to the $ 100.00.

I was told that I should receive the refund within 10 business days. Upon receiving the refund I will mail everybody their refund.

Sound good?

Should you have any questions please shoot me a text or call.
    Last edited by BIG O; 03-11-2020, 05:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gregness
    replied
    Just got all my hotel, airfare and car stuff unwound. Not sure if I will try again for November. It might sound pretty good as we will already be cold and snowy again here by then...

Leave a comment:

• ZZ-r
    replied
    Wow guys I am not going to this but really sorry to hear ....... hope you all get it fixed. Peace

Leave a comment:

• reidmct
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark View Post
    ...we recognize that some ticket holders may need a refund. COTA will honor any such request if received by July 1, 2020.
    That is very generous of them, considering that their ticket rules make clear: NO REFUNDS for any reason.

I'm hearing that some local venue owners are cobbling together a phantom SXSW of some sort. Not an official large event, but a cooperative effort among many live music venues, so that shows can still happen and clubs and performers can somehow share revenue.

It could be an interesting time to be in Austin over the next couple weeks.

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Originally posted by Moise View Post
    Sorry to hear about COTA; I hope it does happen in November. There's a group of us in NZ planning a trip to Phillip Island in October for the MotoGP, but I think we'll put it on hold.
    Yeah, it definitely sucks.

The logistics of putting this trip have been in the works for months.

Now to have it cancelled a few weeks before the race makes us want to cry

Been on the phone for nearly 4 hours today trying to get a refund.

I would hope they'd have the Corona-19 shit sorted my October.

Leave a comment:

• Moise
    replied
    Sorry to hear about COTA; I hope it does happen in November. There's a group of us in NZ planning a trip to Phillip Island in October for the MotoGP, but I think we'll put it on hold.

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
    AirBnB have a Covid19 policy posted here: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/2...stances-policy

I'm thinking we get a full refund
    Hey Gareth,

We booked with VRBO

NOT

Air BnB

I'm still speaking with the property owner as well as VRBO about a full refund.

I'll keep this thread updated as I find out more.

They currently have given a partial refund of $745.81.

I'm attempting to find out where or why the remaining balance is not being refunded.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X