Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Austin MotoGP April 3-5 Planning Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2020 Austin MotoGP April 3-5 Planning Thread

    Hi folks,

    Every year I get taken by surprise when the COTA MotoGP shows up the first weekend in April.

    2020 is going to be different: I intend to have tickets bought and flights booked before 2020 even arrives. (I'd prefer to ride there but my ice floe won't have reached shore by April )

    Anyone else in for a ZZR weekend at COTA? BBQ and aliens on bikes, what could be better!

    Staying here: https://www.vrbo.com/4234472ha?adultsCount=6

    Ticket Info: http://circuitoftheamericas.com/motogp/tickets

    House booked and now filled.

    Me
    Amanda
    Tom Uhl
    Oliver
    Friend of Oliver
    Gareth
    Eric
    Aaron
    Mark
    Last edited by BIG O; 02-05-2020, 01:03 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
    Hi folks,

    Every year I get taken by surprise when the COTA MotoGP shows up the first weekend in April.

    2020 is going to be different: I intend to have tickets bought and flights booked before 2020 even arrives. (I'd prefer to ride there but my ice floe won't have reached shore by April )

    Anyone else in for a ZZR weekend at COTA? BBQ and aliens on bikes, what could be better!
    If a significant number of people commit to coming, I might show up.

    Comment


    • #3
      I am very interested and have wanted to go for several years. I will probably make a 3-4 day weekend out of it.
      My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
      http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

      Comment


      • #4
        Ooooo, I could be into that!

        Comment


        • #5
          Have to see if I can get time off from work.

          Supposed to go to Mexico in March so may not have enough vacation time.

          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

          Comment


          • #6
            Me and a buddy went a few years ago, bumped into NBK while there. We had a great time, great facility. I will go again, but it may not work for 2020. Have fun!
            "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes. If a group of ZZR members are meeting up, I'll make my plans around that.
              KN, this ride's for You.

              http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

              Comment


              • #8
                Awesome, this is going to be fun!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi folks,

                  Planning is in motion. Advanced ticket sales are live now, and I'm thinking I'll buy general admission and move between some corners. I've been asking people at work who attend every year, and they said the pit passes are neat but not great value if you're attending all the practice and race sessions.

                  One thing I'm considering is renting an RV and staying at the track Friday and Saturday night. I heard RV lot parking is cheaper, and it would increase my beverage-enjoyed-to-time-spent-in-vehicles ratio.

                  Right now I'm loosely thinking of arriving in Austin on Thursday and departing Tuesday.

                  Will it be the last COTA MotoGP appearance by VR46? Is Marquez going to win every lap he turns at COTA as usual? How is Zarco going to make out with his team of the moment?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If you do your beer drinking in the RV, you may save enough money to pay the RV rental. Last time I attended, a beer was $8.

                    Staying onsite will save you hours per day of traffic jams. It can take an hour just to get out of the parking lot.

                    For those unfamiliar with Texas and Motogp: hat, sunscreen, and ear plugs are essential. Bring a water bottle; they have free filling stations.
                    How To Cheat on Personality Tests
                    1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

                    2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
                    (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
                    (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
                    (c) I never worry much about anything.
                    (d) I don't care for books or music much.
                    (e) I love my wife and children.
                    (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
                    From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm down for it..
                      Yea that's me doing cabbage patch angles on the side of the road!!!! Just wave cuz I'm OK :)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I met up with Tom Uhl and Jmac in Tulsa today while they transferred ownership of Jimmy's Connie to Tom and we discussed doing this. It looks like a great time. we had talked about trailering to Tom's in Denton and then riding down from there. I have found some air BNB's that are pretty reasonable right now but they will go up in price as we get closer.
                        Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          O.K.

                          So who's serious about attending this?

                          I've got a line on a house to rent but don't want to extend any money until I have firm commitments from people.

                          Here's the house: https://www.vrbo.com/4234472ha?adultsCount=6

                          A mile from the track! 5 bedrooms with multiple beds. Nice back yard with grill.


                          Thanks
                          Last edited by BIG O; 11-20-2019, 12:50 AM.
                          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                            O.K.

                            So who's serious about attending this?

                            I've got a line on a house to rent but don't want to extend any money until I have firm commitments from people.

                            Here's the house: https://www.vrbo.com/4234472ha?adultsCount=6

                            A mile from the track! 5 bedrooms with multiple beds. Nice back yard with grill.


                            Thanks
                            You should have no trouble getting ZZR members to follow the rules:

                            - If you are outside enjoying the backyard, please bring Everyone indoor after 8pm.

                            - Shoes off in the house.



                            Nope, no trouble at all.

                            Seriously, though, you could walk to the track and avoid huge parking hassles. It is not pedestrian-friendly (no sidewalks), but the roadside is wide and fairly level. Or Uber/Lyft.

                            Oh, and if you ride your motorcycle, bike parking is free (including free gear-check) and well-located for much less hassle when exiting after the races.
                            Last edited by reidmct; 11-22-2019, 10:04 AM.
                            How To Cheat on Personality Tests
                            1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

                            2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
                            (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
                            (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
                            (c) I never worry much about anything.
                            (d) I don't care for books or music much.
                            (e) I love my wife and children.
                            (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
                            From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by reidmct View Post

                              You should have no trouble getting ZZR members to follow the rules:

                              - If you are outside enjoying the backyard, please bring Everyone indoor after 8pm.

                              - Shoes off in the house.



                              Nope, no trouble at all.

                              Seriously, though, you could walk to the track and avoid huge parking hassles. It is not pedestrian-friendly (no sidewalks), but the roadside is wide and fairly level. Or Uber/Lyft.

                              Oh, and if you ride your motorcycle, bike parking is free (including free gear-check) and well-located for much less hassle when exiting after the races.

                              Yeah, I saw the part about the shoes off and inside after 8 pm

                              I'll take the chance that we will be OK even if we bend those rules just a wee bit

                              Location is also why I thought that place would be a great place to stay. As you said, worse case we could walk to the track.



                              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X