No announcement yet.

2West 2019 redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about your wet ride and flat tire. Maybe it is time for an Original 16 Radler?

I still wish that I could have ridden with you Canadians
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Gareth was telling stories, next year 2west20 in Arizona
      sigpic

Comment

Hopefully I will be ready. I had the wrist fused this morning. Time will tell.
        8FCFDDF8-FBD3-477D-B592-53C6ED0AD401.jpeg

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Wrist fused huh? Bummer.

What is the time frame for recovery?

What kind of rehab is required?

What's the long term prognosis?
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Looks like 6 weeks in a cast then another 8-12 weeks of wearing s protective brace until healing is complete and I can put much weight or stress on it.

I’ve already lost most of the range of motion and my grip strength continues to diminish not to mention the pain. They have done a partial fusion so limited range of motion should remain about the same. Hopefully the chronic pain and the extreme movement based trigger pain should be gone. Strength should return to normal or close to it.

I’m hoping for significant long term improvement. It went real bad about 3 years ago and has gotten much worse since then. I got tired of living with it the way it was. I wasn’t going to be able to ride or ski much longer. It hurt like crazy to do routine maintenance around the house or in the garage. Even simple little movements like pulling the clutch’ lever, planting a ski pole, twisting a wrench, brushing my teeth or even signing my name would chronically hurt and often trigger extreme “mother f...er that hurts pain.

I have been on the surgery list for a year now and kept procrastinating having it done. It was really starting to impact my quality of life and the pain was impacting my sleep as well. It was time to do it. I hope it works like the surgeon says it will.

It is my left hand and of course I’m left handed. I can already see it’s going to be a major inconvenience until it heals up.
            Last edited by NotDeadYet; 09-10-2019, 02:51 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Working...
            X