Air Strip Attack 1/2 Mile Runway Event in Coalinga CA Oct 26th-27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Strip Attack 1/2 Mile Runway Event in Coalinga CA Oct 26th-27th

I plan to be down here with my Ninja H2 and maybe my BMW 335xi (Car) I have been riding the H2 since I got it back from the tuner. It turned into a nightmare with the tuner. He did about 30% of what I asked tried to charge me about 6x more than most other tuners.. and never got to my e85 Tune. I am not hear to throw him under the bus but I would never take a bike to him. Located in Pacheco CA.. if you want to look him up.. only bike tuner in that town.

I have figured out a way to get the E85 Tune on the bike that came from same bike with same mods. He put down 316RWHP.. I am probably getting about 250HP at 6500FT where I live and sea level tuner was around 270HP. I think with the gearing I have now I should be able to hit over 200 in a 1/2 mile.. Others have hit over 230 in a mile. may need to strap it down. i also may see how a belly pan helps.

I have put together my race pit crew.... Maybe we can all build in a bit of a ride in the area.. great roads for touring.

https://shift-s3ctor.com/california-airstrip-attack/

Truly a bad ass bike!

Some pretty ambitious goals but the bike should be able to do it!

1/2 mile / 200 mph, hmmmm I think you will have your hands full being SWB.

I'm thinking it's going to be a handful for first 1320 and would guess mid 9's at 150+.
    and then for the second 1320 to hit 200 I'm thinking you're only going to have like 3-4 seconds to
    go from 150 to 200

Haven't done the math but even at 150 and climbing the back half is going to disappear very quickly like 4 secs to cover another 1320

Sounds exciting! I'm thinking for the "whole" 1/2 mile you will be just trying to keep the front end down or spinning up the rear.

I'm thinking you might need to extend it to hit 200. Extended and strapped. You could always get the extended swing arm and swap out for these LSR runs and
    swap back for canyon carving doesn't have to be permanent.

Hitting 230 mph in mile that's rolling. That's pretty much top of the heap against the extended, punched out, turbo'ed Busa's that are running the 230;s and they're
    putting out like 350hp+ ???

Aerodynamics becomes "really" important, so belly pan will probably help.

This is exciting stuff. Trying to handle the hp will be nuts, Will be waiting for some reports.

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Yes I guess about 185 is probably more realistic in a half mile. since I went to taller gearing it's actually not that hard to keep the front wheel down. I hope to see 155-165 at the 1/4. The front wheel wants to come up through 3rd but controllable. I got the carbon fiber wheels on last week. Does make flicking it over effortless. I plan to weigh it. I should be under 500 at about 480-490. Stock exhaust is easy 20lb saving... Lithium battery 6lb, all the emissions stuff 1-2.. the Intercooler only added max 1-2lb. Carbon fiber wheels 8-10lb saved. Ricky gadson and Brock's hit 229 in a mile with a swb H2 with only their stage 2 package with about 50 "less" hp.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jmenon; 09-04-2019, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Comment

Going north of 200 mph in 1/2 mile = priceless;
          for all the money it costs to get there there’s;

Master Card ...... and more importantly .....

Balls of Steel!!!

Keep us posted. Some of us are living vicariously through you!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

200 in a 1/2 mile is a whole lot of hanging on for dear life

Comment

Where are you planning on doing the 1 mile?

I've been wanting to do the 1 mile at the Mojave Mile. but now looks like they have shut down 2018 last year running. I think a guy
              got killed at one of the last events last year and airport's not letting them run the event there anymore.

Then there's the Colorado Mile and I think last year was also the last year for the event. I think the same people
              that run the Texas mile where running it and decided not to anymore.

So that leaves the Texas mile and I here they sell out as soon as you can sign up.

Not sure where else they are running that I could swing it in a weekend?

My goal not as ambitious as yours of coarse, but would like to try to crack 200 on the 14 in a mile it;s very close.
              Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Originally posted by piken View Post
                Where are you planning on doing the 1 mile?

I've been wanting to do the 1 mile at the Mojave Mile. but now looks like they have shut down 2018 last year running. I think a guy
                got killed at one of the last events last year and airport's not letting them run the event there anymore.

Then there's the Colorado Mile and I think last year was also the last year for the event. I think the same people
                that run the Texas mile where running it and decided not to anymore.

So that leaves the Texas mile and I here they sell out as soon as you can sign up.

Not sure where else they are running that I could swing it in a weekend?

My goal not as ambitious as yours of coarse, but would like to try to crack 200 on the 14 in a mile it;s very close.
                Let’s just do it on our next loop ride!

My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post

Let’s just do it on our next loop ride!

Comment

Working...
                  X