Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last minute camping with ZED. GA, NC, TN.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last minute camping with ZED. GA, NC, TN.

I decided to go camping last Friday which was not planned until my kids are at friends house and wife said I can do whatever I want. Lol
    We we have been getting rainy weekend and last weekend was awesome weather. Perforce for Casual weekend solo ride.

I needed front tire and found out that Local shop did not have in stock fount at wheeler’s near deal’s gap (I think Wheeler’s performance is the name on US 129 near skyway junction. Decided to ride there.

End up to staying there 2hours. Meet nice guys from Toronto Canada. They are setting up online son Ducati and k-tech on z1000.
    After getting new road 5 front. Ride good section of 28 East and came back to deals gap around 6 to avoid day time crowd.
    Run once and decided to camp at kickstand lodge ( on 28 near 134 meats. north of Robbinsville, NC)

I heard the kickstand lodge is awesome place. Mo, owner lady, was very funny and we had fun talk.
    Not many guest on Friday night. I saw 1 Harley trailer with 6 HDs. One guy from New Jersey. One old man from Kentucky. That is it.

I saw many HDs turns to iron horse lodge which right before kickstand.

Came back taking 28 to highland and back road to Morganton to suche on 60. Ride around Dahlonega. 180. blood man. Richard Russel.
    Toom 52 to fort mtn and came home on boring straight 411. Because I had to come home to pick up my daughter.

It was nice days to ride in sunny days.

Question for those ride on Road 5. Which air pressure you ride on ZED?
    42 psi, factory recommended and I ride on 42 from all this trip, feels hard and not confident.

Last edited by Mcdoggy2000; 07-29-2019, 06:35 PM.

I run 40 psi front and rear. Confidence level? Mine has never
    been more on my now 17 years on my Zed. Love my Road5's
    I have around 3500 miles on them now. Best tires I've ever ran
    on the ole girl. What's your location?
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Glad you were able to get out for a ride.

Way to represent with bagged up ZED!!!

You rode many of the roads I ride when I am down there.

Richard Russel is definitely my favorite since they repaved it a couple of years ago. Did they finally get the north side of Blood Mountain repaved?

As for air pressure, I typically keep mine higher when slabbing to get there.

Then drop it when I get my bags off loaded and riding in the twistys.

How far you drop the pressure can depend on how aggressively you are riding and/or your confidence in the tire.

I would think between 35 and 40 would be fine.

Just something you are going to have to experiment with.

Don't forget that your suspension settings will also play a factor on how your bike will handle. Probably more so than tire pressure.

Glad you had a fun and safe little get away.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I am in Dallas, Acworth GA area North of Kennesaw.

I used to run F36 R38, (Twisties section F32 R34) on 2001 ZRX1200. mainly on Bridgestone S21 or Evo.
        Tried F&R 36 on ZZR1200 and felt little mushy on front. I was assuming due to heavy bike.
        Maybe I will try in between 36 to 40psi.

Previous owner had set of Road 5 on new to me ZZR and I like it. it seems much better center life than BS S21 .
        I think it is very expensive tire compared to my previous S21 evo on sale. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
          Glad you were able to get out for a ride.

Way to represent with bagged up ZED!!!

You rode many of the roads I ride when I am down there.

Richard Russel is definitely my favorite since they repaved it a couple of years ago. Did they finally get the north side of Blood Mountain repaved?

As for air pressure, I typically keep mine higher when slabbing to get there.

Then drop it when I get my bags off loaded and riding in the twistys.

How far you drop the pressure can depend on how aggressively you are riding and/or your confidence in the tire.

I would think between 35 and 40 would be fine.

Just something you are going to have to experiment with.

Don't forget that your suspension settings will also play a factor on how your bike will handle. Probably more so than tire pressure.

Glad you had a fun and safe little get away.
          Thanks Big O.

North side of blood mountain is not newest. But 60 from Dahlonega to Suche was in process of road construction. It was really bad so nice to see.
          I used to love the time Richard Russel got new pavement. About 5-6 years ago?

Comment

Road 5: I run 38 front, 40 rear.
            I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

I have really liked the few times I have moto-camped. It adds new meaning to the word freedom.

Comment

Big O.

I told you north if blood Mountain has not been paved few weeks ago.

I had had chance to ride Dahlonega today and I was wrong. I just did I not remember I guess.

It is fresh pave pace north side.
                60 to 180 is also paved. It is done now.

It it was beautiful day and very few traffic. Awesome ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcdoggy2000 View Post
                  Big O.

I told you north if blood Mountain has not been paved few weeks ago.

I had had chance to ride Dahlonega today and I was wrong. I just did I not remember I guess.

It is fresh pave pace north side.
                  60 to 180 is also paved. It is done now.

It it was beautiful day and very few traffic. Awesome ride.
                  It was being paved during our last bike rally this past May: https://zzrbikes.com/forum/general-z...a-spring-rally

Comment

Working...
                  X