Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose In for North Cascades Ride August 1-4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bctrout
    replied
    2F04AC69-A4DB-4152-BAC9-25726FF0749C.jpeg72D1660C-179C-42BA-9F12-97C9C6E21D5F.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• bctrout
    replied
    Florian showed Gordon a right proper tour today including a stop at Old Molson & an attempt to grab a beer in Chesaw (which is apparently a must) however they were closed today Monday. Like a dog without water. No biggie as we would have been late for the Midway boarder crossing (closes at 5) so we booked and made it home early. Florian and Maria has a surprise in store. Elk stakes on the barbecue. So good, best meat ever, no gaminess at all. Heading to Amsworth hot springs enroute to Kaslo tomorrow (3.75hrs). Then returning to Florian’s via New Denver, Nakusp, Fauquier, then run up to Cherryville Vernon, Kelowna and the back way on Hwy 33 (6hrs+).

Leave a comment:

• gregness
    replied
    Republic Area Weather: Thurs 85, Friday 80, Saturday 82.

Leave a comment:

• gregness
    replied
    Nice pics!

Jeff, how are your prospects looking? I do have a bed for you in our bunkhouse.

Team: I do not have a plan for what happens after the ride on Friday. You are welcome to spend another night at the cabin. There are several beds in the bunkhouse.

Let me know what you are all thinking.

G

Leave a comment:

• Stevo555
    replied
    Hi BCTrout and Others ,
    Small world.....I have been watching this thread hoping to connect as I live in the Okanagan , and love all the great little roads where you are/ will be riding . Long weekend unfortunately does not work ..... But would love to connect, and I swear I must have ridden right past Mr Trout on Saturday, also riding the same South Okanagan roads . Funny enough I have pictures of us on Green Mountain Road between Highway 3A and Penticton on BCtrouts route map .... and my friends and I were on the top of the mountain in the distance of Trout's Naramata Bench photo , looking the opposite direction ....
    Sorry to miss all of you , as would love to pick some brains on all things ZZR , and appreciated BCTrouts local intell on an island trip I made last year .....have a great weekend y'all .
    Make sure you stop for a beer at the Chesaw pub if you make a loop through there ! But so many loops, so little time . If a gap opens, may try to get a ride in with you folks
    I'm the guy with no hair
    Stevo555

Leave a comment:

• bctrout
    replied
    Got to stop drinking beer long enough to get out of my gear

Leave a comment:

• bctrout
    replied
    3953BEF7-9AF3-4BAF-832B-CB359CE6A955.jpeg Happy trails
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bctrout
    replied
    DA443ACE-C155-47D0-8B56-745CAAB973FB.jpeg View northward up Okanagan Lake with the Naramata Bench right.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bctrout
    replied
    Florian put together a fantastic day ride through the back roads of the southern Okanogan, parts of which were reminiscent of Happy Camp. I took a few shots on my old hand held which I’ll download next time I’m at a computer. Twisty, clean hot pavement, sticky tires, cool breeze but hot ???? n the sun, blue skies & a dabble of clouds for relief. Big smiles, & a great lunch spot on the Naramata Bench (thats prime wine country in these parts). Got passed by some locals tearing up one of the back roads. Very difficult not to chase but Florian was stead fast not wanting to squid out as we’ve had that adventure (not a fun phone call to his misses). Great day for what was supposed to be a scratch day farting around. Once back, I kept an eye on the horses that were pawing to get to some tempting grazing in behind the house while Florian & Maria went to a birthday social (business contacts - not my thing). No problem sitting back at the ranch with some beer and beastly sausage from whole beast back in Victoria.

Thinking of heading to Kaslo to run back through New Denver, the Fauquier Ferry and then back through Cherryville. Should be back in time to meet up somewhere between Winthrop and Marblemount on Thursday. I’ll touch base on that later
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bctrout; 07-28-2019, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tex
    replied
    OK, I should get online more often. I just showed this to Ree and she said “you should go”. The fam and I are camping until Thursday 8/1, so if I can shake out at all it won’t be before Friday. Lemme crunch the calendar and get back to you, but color me “tempted”.

Leave a comment:

• bctrout
    replied
    Old school high ground ranch country from B.C. looking to WA. The bbq is mighty good amongst these ranchers.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• gregness
    replied
    wish I could start earlier!

Gordon, my plan on Thursday is to ride from Republic over to Marblemount in the AM... sounds like you will allready be on the east side of the Cascades. Still want to meet in Marblemount?

Greg

Leave a comment:

• NotDeadYet
    replied
    Originally posted by bctrout View Post
    Started out this afternoon, & now ferrying over to the mainland. Overnighting with some friends in Vancouver, the Saturday heading east to base camp for a few days at Florian’s 10min east of Osoyoos. A week of freedom riding. ????
    Sweet - the weather looks great. Rock on!

Leave a comment:

• bctrout
    replied
    Started out this afternoon, & now ferrying over to the mainland. Overnighting with some friends in Vancouver, the Saturday heading east to base camp for a few days at Florian’s 10min east of Osoyoos. A week of freedom riding. ????

Leave a comment:

• JeffS
    replied
    Originally posted by gregness View Post

Do It!
    I will be a very last minute if at all. Waiting on my work schedule and ill bring my sleeping bag if someone has a corner I can use.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X