Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose In for North Cascades Ride August 1-4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whose In for North Cascades Ride August 1-4?

As was discussed in the 2 West Thread, I am hosting any who want to join us for this ride, which kind of begins* on the 1st near Mount Vernon, WA, and goes east on Hiway 2 to Republic WA. We will be hosting a BBQ dinner there that night, and we have overnight accommodations for a few riders, plus tent space, nearby hotels and a state park with showers etc.. So far Gordon (BC Trout) and perhaps 1-2 of his pals have confirmed. Anyone else in? On the 2nd we can ride out in any of several directions, including east to some cool roads that Tex and I know, or south down to Grand Coolee, etc.

Let me know if you want to join the fund so we can plan accordingly.

Greg
    * I will be riding west on 2 from Republic the morning of the 1st to meet riders east of Mount Vernon, so if you are coming from the east side you are welcome to join me!
    Last edited by gregness; 07-02-2019, 04:46 PM. Reason: edited for corrections and additional info
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

I'll check the schedule and see how close we are on a couple planes going out for delivery. Goodguys is the weekend before so I might get f'ed by the mandatory overtime. If I can swing it, we'll be there. Do you mean Hwy 20? That is the hwy going east out of Mt Vernon/Burlington. Otherwise drop south to Hwy 2 out of Everett. Any recommendation on the hotels?

Comment

Bret, thanks for pointing out my error, it is awesome Highway 20 through the North Cascades! Hope you can make it! The Northern Inn in Republic is old but charming. Happy to provide more details if you want to call me at 360-480-6501.

G

Comment

Maaaaaybe........

Comment

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
          Maaaaaybe........
          Do It!

Comment

I’m in but solo.
            picked up 3 fresh Montecristos this afternoon.
            speak up if I need to get more?
            sigpic

Comment

Looking good so far for getting over to Republic on the 1st. Will have to take off the next morning and make our way south. Fingers crossed all turns out.

Comment

Head count time!
                So far, we have me, Gordon, and Bret (likely) and maybe Jeff. Gordo, how many of your buddies might show up?
                Tex, are you there? Buheler?

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                  Head count time!
                  So far, we have me, Gordon, and Bret (likely) and maybe Jeff. Gordo, how many of your buddies might show up?
                  Tex, are you there? Buheler?
                  I'm in for sure.
                  My friend Florian who lives less than 2hrs away may join us for a day ride. He's a tough well seasoned rider that's more often on his horse more than his Bandit these past 2 years. Florian's had more bikes than I can count including 2 of those old 1970s Kaw 900s. I'd imagine he's got 1/2 million miles in total. Anyways, he can bunk anywhere including outside on the ground - just keep the dog inside.
                  sigpic

Comment

As of right now, the wife and I should be good to go. Making reservation at Northern. Keeping fingers crossed for work requirements

Comment

:drool:

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                      ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Originally posted by bctrout View Post
                        I’m in but solo.
                        picked up 3 fresh Montecristos this afternoon.
                        speak up if I need to get more?
                        Lookin on the positive side, I'll be getting another 3 Montecristos this afternoon = 6
                        sigpic

Comment

I just picked up a fifth of that fine Oola Bourbon for our sipping pleasure...

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post

Do It!
                            I will be a very last minute if at all. Waiting on my work schedule and ill bring my sleeping bag if someone has a corner I can use.

Comment

Started out this afternoon, & now ferrying over to the mainland. Overnighting with some friends in Vancouver, the Saturday heading east to base camp for a few days at Florian’s 10min east of Osoyoos. A week of freedom riding. ????
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X