Manfest 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manfest 2019

So my two brothers and I are planning to meet on the 14th of May for some riding. We tentatively have Abington, VA chosen for home base. We may get some time to ride on the 14th in the afternoon, but will be ready for a full day on the 15th for sure. Will likely stay there riding the 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th, before pulling up stakes and moving down to Blairsville, arriving on the 19th, and ready to ride with Mark and his posse.

I don't have a motel selected as of yet, but will search for something in the $70-90 range.

The three of us are each supposed to plot a route for a day, about 250 miles is my comfort range, but I can cope with a little longer if need be. It looks like good riding is available in all directions, which is how I came to chose Abington.

Any and all are welcome to join in, just drop a reply. Hope this opens the door for a few of you east coasters.

I was hoping to link up with you guys before you came to down to Blairsville. However, unforeseen work issues have prevented it. Sorry.

I will still be able to get in a few days with you guys in Blairsville though.
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Looking forward to it boss. (smiley face).

Comment

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/db152c2...3-ae96407086b1

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by mehush View Post
          So my two brothers and I are planning to meet on the 14th of May for some riding. We tentatively have Abington, VA chosen for home base. We may get some time to ride on the 14th in the afternoon, but will be ready for a full day on the 15th for sure. Will likely stay there riding the 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th, before pulling up stakes and moving down to Blairsville, arriving on the 19th, and ready to ride with Mark and his posse.

I don't have a motel selected as of yet, but will search for something in the $70-90 range.

The three of us are each supposed to plot a route for a day, about 250 miles is my comfort range, but I can cope with a little longer if need be. It looks like good riding is available in all directions, which is how I came to chose Abington.

Any and all are welcome to join in, just drop a reply. Hope this opens the door for a few of you east coasters.
          Based on you being in Abingdon I may be able to give you some route options provided you may not be heading up into Lebanon,Castlewood or maybe to Breaks Park via BigA Mountain by means of going thru Council Va. I'm lousy trying to lay out maps or quote routes but maybe I can have a fellow rider from work jog down some rides thru Damascus and other areas. I'll see what I may be able to come up with so that maybe if I can at least catch up with ya one day...... it be nice for a lil time together b4 you guys head south.Be 1st to meet all 3 Bros!

sigpic

Comment

Hey D.

I just made reservations at the Super 8 in Abingdon for the 14th and 15th. We will be there for a couple more days provided everything is going well. Maybe we could meet for supper one night if you won't be riding.

Be happy to see any routes that you might suggest. Part of the fun of this trip is that we are going to alternate planning and leading a route each day.

Hope we get to link up.

Comment

Looking forward to catching up with u guys. Provided i get the ugly beast back together soon .i plan to ride to work. and get a feel if all is ok.
              that said if weather and time allows im goin 2 try ride with u guys at least 1 day. Unless things get out of hand im outta here bout 330 except earlier fridays as i recieve knee injections and i must go to Eliz.
              BeSafe....cya soon
              sigpic

Comment

All packed and heading out in the morning. Don't have to be back to work until the 31st. Got a couple of rides mapped out, but we plan to keep it pretty casual and adjust as we go. Got a new camera, so maybe, just maybe, I will learn how to post some pictures.

Comment

All packed and heading out in the morning. Don't have to be back to work until the 31st. Got a couple of rides mapped out, but we plan to keep it pretty casual and adjust as we go. Got a new camera, so maybe, just maybe, I will learn how to post some pictures.
                  See you in Georgia on the 20th!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

See you in Georgia on the 20th!
                    10-4.

Comment

Have fun mike and bro Pete Peace

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ-r View Post
                        Have fun mike and bro Pete Peace
                        Thanks Troy. I will post up how its going.

Comment

Enjoy your ride!

Did you reserve a motel in Blairsville for the next week?

Comment

No Mark. Still not sure which day we are going to arrive. Wanted to keep our plans fluid.

Comment

Got here yesterday afternoon and we went for a short ride. So strange, always feels like I have never ridden a bike before when I get up here in the mountains. All is well. Bikes are running great. Room is not too bad. We seem to be located in a pretty good spot to ride some new roads. And not a time clock in sight.

Comment

Working...
                              X