Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here's a thought ( I just can't resist)... I can meet any riders who want to come west over US 20 in Marblemount (last town coming west on US 20 from I-5 before the mountains really begin) on Thursday morning August 1 at about 11 AM. We then ride west over the very scenic and twisty Rainey Pass and stop for lunch in Winthrop about 1:00 PM. Then we either:
    A. Ride 2 hours west on US 20 to my cabin (115 miles, not too much fun though)
    B. Ride up 97 and cross the border to Osoyoso and pick up Gordon's buddy, then ride Canada 3 over to Midway and cross the border to my place (looks like it adds at least two hours)
    C. Take a more "fun ride" route to my cabin through some twisty stuff that adds about an hour to an hour and a half compared to just taking 20.

I can roll either way.

Once at my place, the barbeque begins.

You will note that I moved this to a Thursday from my original Saturday suggestion. Why? US20 and other scenic roads will be more crowded with tourists on a Saturday...

Friday AM I can ride somewhere with the group, spend the night wherever then probably have to ride home on Sat or Sunday at the latest.

So that's what I got.

(PS Gordon cannot come unless he brings me one of those cigars we smoked at Jeff's place last year)

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I am good for June or July and would likely trailer up to NorCal or Tahoe and ride that region with anyone avaivalble. Then continue further north on my own, or with whoever would like to join me, to Oregon, Washington, and Canadia.
      My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
      http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
        I am good for June or July and would likely trailer up to NorCal or Tahoe and ride that region with anyone avaivalble. Then continue further north on my own, or with whoever would like to join me, to Oregon, Washington, and Canadia.
        Hope to see you up here!

Comment

I agree with keeping this year a bit shorter and norther. I'm not really into exploring a lot of BC this time, as we've had a couple of good runs at it in recent years. Aug 1 date works for me, but I'm pretty open this summer so far.

Regarding the California suggestion, I'd really like that to happen next year. It's been years since I last rode there, and that was almost all in torrential rains

Comment

???? Greg, love the heading west notation as your describing heading east on 20.

Im totally up for meeting in Marblemount or wherever along Hwy 20 that Thursday Aug1st.

No no need to go fetch my friend unless we want to stay at his place as he can easily come meet us. That being said his place is beautiful & there are always gofers to clear out of the pasture (shoot) from the back porch (nicely remote but not more than 2 min off the Hwy via pavement).

Always up up for the longer more scenic route
            sigpic

Comment

Looks like a plan may be starting to come together...

Comment

It’s within easy striking distance for me. I’m keen to get out and hit some of my favorite roads. Unless life throws me a curve I should be able to make part or all of this depending on how the final plan unfolds.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Going nuts looking at the fun roads that spoke out from Republic.

what are the accommodation options?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bctrout View Post
                    Going nuts looking at the fun roads that spoke out from Republic.

what are the accommodation options?
                    In Republic, we have stayed at the Northern Inn a few times before we built. Not bad, not fancy. The State Park on Curlew Lake has nice tent camping accomodations for those so inclined. Gordon, FYI Curlew Lake has been ranked the top lake in the state for fishing, and we have caught many 14-16" trout right off the fishing dock there. I have seen 5 lb. monsters being hauled out by the old boys that know the lake... And we can comfortably put up the first two parties who speak up at the cabin.

G

Comment

It looks like we do not have a group consensus this year. For me it would be a full day drive trailering the bikes up to WA state. Or 2+ day riding. As stated before I will never ride a motorcycle in Canada. Their speeding laws are way too scary for me. Not in the mood to risk having their government take my H2 for going 25MPH over the limit. Looks like bill may swing through Tahoe on his way up the coast. So We may have a bit of a rolling 2west where people loop in where they want. once we get some dates down I do not mind hosting the Tahoe section for the more southerly people that want to do some riding.

Comment

Well sadly it looks like this may be the first year without a 2WEST. I dont know how long its been going but its been well over a decade I think.....

Comment

As I stated. If people want to do a ride in and around Tahoe.. and or near SLO area I have places 5-10 people can stay at either. Tahoe would make more sense. We can hit the lake for some water sports.

Comment

Looks to be lining up to be two runs:

2west north based around north WA (Hwy 20); &
                            2west south based around Tahoe area.

sigpic

Comment

BCTrout.... maybe we can get 2 threads going for 2west north and 2west south. If I can get a head count and or some commitment from a few people I will take on some of the organizational work for the 2west south. If we can get a sense of people that want to join.. then I can find out what dates work best. I am not traveling as much now for work. I have a much shorter account list for my job. I also have a bit more say in when and where I go. So I should be around and or can make sure to block off a few days around 2west south... my place in Truckee (about 13 miles from Lake tahoe itself) Is right off i80 about 200 miles east of San Francisco. and about 35 miles from Reno. I can host at least 10 people here. I have a 3 bed 3 bath place with 5 beds and a large couch and a few blow up beds. Plenty of room for the bikes.. in either my garage here or my shop that is 2 miles from my house. We can do a day of riding or 2.. I have a boat we can take out on the lakes.. for those into that stuff. I can start a 2west south thread... and start to make this happen. If it ends up being a smaller crew.. that works.. more the merrier

Comment

You guys need a 2 East Rally
                                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
                                X