This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark View Post

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Pedu and I are thinking of meeting up somewhere to the north of there earlier in the week and then hooking up with you guys on the dates you posted. I have been scouting google maps for some roads that we have not done before. Lots to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by mehush View Post
        Pedu and I are thinking of meeting up somewhere to the north of there earlier in the week and then hooking up with you guys on the dates you posted. I have been scouting google maps for some roads that we have not done before. Lots to look at.
        Vacation calendar comes out in January.

I'm planning on taking the week off that Mark has listed in the thread. However, I'm now on 7a-3p shift so my vacation day availability may be slimmer in the month of May depending on seniority at work.

I was #3 on the evening shift now I'm like #36 on the morning shift

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Where you talking about when you say "up north" ?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
            Where you talking about when you say "up north" ?
            We are still discussing. There are a few prime areas to be considered. One is Banner Elk, NC. Another is Marion, VA. We are also considering going back near the Daniel Boone National Forrest, felt like we left a lot of meat on the bone when we were there a few years ago.

Comment

We are still discussing. There are a few prime areas to be considered. One is Banner Elk, NC. Another is Marion, VA. We are also considering going back near the Daniel Boone National Forrest, felt like we left a lot of meat on the bone when we were there a few years ago.
              Hey Mike,

I'm sure I have ridden that area near Banner Elk. However, I can't remember which Rally it was at. For some reason I'm thinking it was the one where DeWayne lost his rear caliper bolt???

Was that the Corbin Kentucky Rally? maybe the West Virginia RallY?

I know I've ridden that area! I recognized Boone, Blowing Rock, Spruce Pine, etc....

Thought you guys were with us???????????

Comment

DeWayne lost his caliper bolts in Kentucky. I was at that one. It was just Pete and myself at Banner Elk. We got some good riding in there but ran out of days w/o hitting all the roads we had picked out.

I think we will hit one of those areas before meeting up with you guys in Blairsville on the 20th.

Comment

Just called Seasons Inn and booked a bottom floor double. I'm not getting stuck with upstairs this year!

If you haven't reserved your room yet, now's the time to call.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Vacation calendar comes out in January.

I'm planning on taking the week off that Mark has listed in the thread. However, I'm now on 7a-3p shift so my vacation day availability may be slimmer in the month of May depending on seniority at work.

I was #3 on the evening shift now I'm like #36 on the morning shift
                    Doh! Well I hope you can make it. Keep us posted.

Comment

DeWayne lost his caliper bolts in Kentucky. I was at that one. It was just Pete and myself at Banner Elk. We got some good riding in there but ran out of days w/o hitting all the roads we had picked out.

I think we will hit one of those areas before meeting up with you guys in Blairsville on the 20th.

Hopefully I'll be able to link up with you guys in Georgia.

Last edited by BIG O; 01-02-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Well, went ahead and reserved a room for the above dates.

Vacation calendar hasn't gotten to me yet but I wanted to make sure I had a room just in case.

Comment

Bummer.....I gotta work that week.....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by holtff1074 View Post
                            Bummer.....I gotta work that week.....
                            DeWayne, Pete and I are going to be up near you the previous week. We are gonna try to arrive on the 13th or 14th. Maybe you can find some time to come ride with us.

Location is not set yet, but I am looking hard at Abington, VA right now.

Comment

This thread is confusing to me. Is there a rally (mini or not) in mid May?

Comment

DeWayne, Pete and I are going to be up near you the previous week. We are gonna try to arrive on the 13th or 14th. Maybe you can find some time to come ride with us.

Location is not set yet, but I am looking hard at Abington, VA right now.
                                GRrrrrr.... that's a close window only because I've yet to get the bike back on the road.I've some work related and other circumstances within the week, I'm going to see what I may/may not be able to pull off. Curious of the roads you may choose in that area. 1st I heard of your heading up. Thanks for the heads up
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X