Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand canyon Fall 2018 **UPDATE**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Thx Silverbullet. That all helps, we are going to Page and I wanted to see horseshoe but hadnt quite found it yet. Mesa Verde is a destination so 4 crnrs is on the way. The hikes are great tips as I was guessing which ones to take.

    Comment


    • #17
      Forgot to mention.
      If you hike to Angels in Zion. Get to the shuttle stop early. Get on one of the first shuttles out. No driving into the park. Go straight to top of Angels. Those chains at the top get crowded the later it gets. It is a popular hike. You can do other hikes in there after that.
      Google map the horeshoe bend. The roadside sign for it is rather small. I blew past it more than once on the ZZR before I knew it was there.
      If you plan on Lower Antelope Canyon don't watch the videos of it flooding until after you have been there.
      sigpic
      https://www.instagram.com/adv1nsc/

      Comment


      • #18
        +1 on Angel's Landing in Zion!
        My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
        http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
          +1 on Angel's Landing in Zion!
          I foubd your number, ill call this weekend

          Comment


          • #20
            Your bump post says off the beaten path......

            Find The Wave, hike out to it.
            https://www.google.com/search?q=the+...w=1920&bih=943

            If you go to Moab check out Hells Revenge
            Crazy 4x4 trail. Go watch them. I think you can take a guided tour also. Or rent a side by side.
            https://www.google.com/search?q=hell...w=1920&bih=943

            And if you are in that area you can hike and watch the mountain bikers on Slickrock. Motorcycles are allowed also.
            Bonus is the great scenery in that area. Get out to the edge and look down at the Colorado river.
            https://www.google.com/search?q=slic...w=1920&bih=943

            Also in Moab. This guy has been doing tours and finding dino stuff in the area since the 60s. He used to give tours in his 60s VW buses.
            I have driven past his store many times before I knew it's history. He has many cool things at his place.
            https://moabrockshop.com/around-the-shop

            You would think I live in the area. But the ZZR has gotten me there a couple of times and got me hooked. Now I never turn down a chance to go.

            sigpic
            https://www.instagram.com/adv1nsc/

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SilverBullet View Post
              Your bump post says off the beaten path......

              Find The Wave, hike out to it.
              https://www.google.com/search?q=the+...w=1920&bih=943

              If you go to Moab check out Hells Revenge
              Crazy 4x4 trail. Go watch them. I think you can take a guided tour also. Or rent a side by side.
              https://www.google.com/search?q=hell...w=1920&bih=943

              And if you are in that area you can hike and watch the mountain bikers on Slickrock. Motorcycles are allowed also.
              Bonus is the great scenery in that area. Get out to the edge and look down at the Colorado river.
              https://www.google.com/search?q=slic...w=1920&bih=943

              Also in Moab. This guy has been doing tours and finding dino stuff in the area since the 60s. He used to give tours in his 60s VW buses.
              I have driven past his store many times before I knew it's history. He has many cool things at his place.
              https://moabrockshop.com/around-the-shop

              You would think I live in the area. But the ZZR has gotten me there a couple of times and got me hooked. Now I never turn down a chance to go.
              Thanks SB, good stuff

              Comment


              • #22
                Jeff, I just saw this. Haven’t read the whole thread, but if you are planning US12 in Utah, consider camping at Calf Creek. Stunningly beautiful.

                https://www.go-utah.com/Calf-Creek-Campground/

                Also, if you have a chance check out Goblin Valley State Park -

                https://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/goblin-valley/

                Really cool place to visit - they filmed parts of Galaxy Quest there.
                "Why should I tremble at the plough of my Lord, that maketh deep furrows on my soul? I know He is no idle husbandman; He purposeth a crop." - Samuel Rutherford

                Visit ConnorWatch on Facebook.

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Tex View Post
                  Jeff, I just saw this. Haven’t read the whole thread, but if you are planning US12 in Utah, consider camping at Calf Creek. Stunningly beautiful.

                  https://www.go-utah.com/Calf-Creek-Campground/

                  Also, if you have a chance check out Goblin Valley State Park -

                  https://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/goblin-valley/

                  Really cool place to visit - they filmed parts of Galaxy Quest there.
                  Thanks Tex

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Trip report

                    I took about 6 weeks prepping the rig, getting the route set up, coordinating with a buddy and spent a bunch of $ for gear/veh parts.

                    First we drove 600 miles to Kali for a family event and a couple nights in Kali

                    Day one of vacation we set out over the Sierras for the first night.

                    -The transmission blows up on Sonora pass 7 miles from hwy 395.....

                    - it takes AAA 6 plus hours to get us 72 miles to Carson City
                    - dealer informs me it will be $6-7,000 for a new transmission

                    - 2-3 day to get tranny and 1-2 oir install

                    I would post pics but seeing a grown man cry is no good

                    End of trip....
                    Last edited by JeffS; 09-26-2018, 08:51 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Holy c&@p! That sucks! So sorry!
                      "If you didn't see me, I didn't do it! And even if you got pictures, I will swear they were PhotoShopped!"

                      I meant to behave but there were too many other options

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I am so bummed about what happened to you and your family. Hopefully, some day soon, you will be able to do that trip with your family, or one like it.
                        My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                        http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
                          I am so bummed about what happened to you and your family. Hopefully, some day soon, you will be able to do that trip with your family, or one like it.
                          Yeah we will try again next year, bummed we didnt get to meet up again. Enjoy those track days

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Oh Jeff! Your trip report is heart breaking! So sorry to hear it turned out so bad. Oh well time to re-group for the next adventure.
                            Current Bikes - ZZR1200, KLR650, DR350S, CR125R
                            Past Bikes - GS1000L, KZ900, CB550F, RM125, Tote Gote

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by JeffS View Post
                              Trip report

                              I took about 6 weeks prepping the rig, getting the route set up, coordinating with a buddy and spent a bunch of $ for gear/veh parts.

                              First we drove 600 miles to Kali for a family event and a couple nights in Kali

                              Day one of vacation we set out over the Sierras for the first night.

                              -The transmission blows up on Sonora pass 7 miles from hwy 395.....

                              - it takes AAA 6 plus hours to get us 72 miles to Carson City
                              - dealer informs me it will be $6-7,000 for a new transmission

                              - 2-3 day to get tranny and 1-2 oir install

                              I would post pics but seeing a grown man cry is no good

                              End of trip....
                              Holy shit, dUDE! Fuck me!
                              KN, this ride's for You.

                              http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by gpm1us View Post
                                Oh Jeff! Your trip report is heart breaking! So sorry to hear it turned out so bad. Oh well time to re-group for the next adventure.
                                Yeah, pretty crazy huh. Yeah we will try again some tine after I pay off my CC....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X