No announcement yet.

3West 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good on you C.T. Get the new shoes on and scuffed in. Any change to your first nights stay in Sol Duc hot springs area? Since that is Friday August 3, there is a chance the wife and I could meet you in Oak Harbor on the 4th and head to Twisp with you. There is a chance I'll still be tasked to work that weekend do to SeaFair activities going on, but TBD

Comment

Originally posted by bretb View Post
      Good on you C.T. Get the new shoes on and scuffed in. Any change to your first nights stay in Sol Duc hot springs area? Since that is Friday August 3, there is a chance the wife and I could meet you in Oak Harbor on the 4th and head to Twisp with you. There is a chance I'll still be tasked to work that weekend do to SeaFair activities going on, but TBD
      Sol Duc throws a wrench in things but we will stay not too far from there Fri night. Sat we will cross the Sound by ferry and head for North Cascades. Whether we will get all the way to Twisp is up in the air. It'd be great to see you, but SeaFair sounds like a big deal. I wouldn't be surprised if they need all the help they can get ...

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
      ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Our 8 bikes are passing through WY & UT today - I miss mine already.

~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

Comment

Chris look at the Oregon fire map. Several have grown or started near Crater lake and southern Oregon. They very well might adjust your routes down there

https://www.oregon.gov/ODF/Fire/pages/FireStats.aspx

Comment

• CrazyTrain
            CrazyTrain commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the heads-up, Jeff. See you soon!

A quick note from Madras Oregon. 1300 ish miles so far. Olympic, North Cascades, Mt Rainier national parks, plus Grand Coulee Dam, Mt St Helens, and Mt Hood as well. Teaser pic attached from Lake Roosevelt above Grand Coulee Dam in WA. Crater Lake tomorrow then an overnight with JeffS :)
          Attached Files

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

The beds are all made, meat is defrosted ill put the beer on ice in the AM....

Comment

Redwood NP today ...

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

2,6XX miles in 8 days, or an average of 330 miles/day. Home yesterday at 9 a.m. The bike won't be home until Tuesday or Wednesday. Had a great time - little rain, great weather, no flats, no cop stops, no injuries or bike damage - a good trip in a beautiful area. Full write-up to come.

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

Fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyTrain View Post
                    Full write-up to come.
                    Looking forward to it.

Comment

Photos photos!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bctrout View Post
                        Photos photos!
                        Was loading photos in a new album yesterday to prepare for doing a write-up. It seems that in order to create a new photo album a new topic is created. I don't want to create a topic, I just want to load photos. Grrr. This site ain't what it used to be.

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

Teaser pics -

Olympic near Rialto Beach

Miscreants in Hoh Rainforest, Olympic NP

Lake Banks beyond Grand Coulee Dam - route 155

Mt Rainier NP

Mt Hood

​​​​​​​
                          Arrival at JeffS' place

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

Nice pics Chris.

Keep em coming.
                            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Not to nit-pick... but the lake in the photo called Lake Roosevelt is actually 25 mile long Banks Lake, the lake created by damming both ends of the Grand Coulee and pumping water from behind the Grand Coulee Dam up over 100' into it. The 150 mile lake (the penned-up Columbia river) behind Grand Coulee Dam is called Lake Roosevelt. Easy mistake to make...

FYI Banks Lake was created to store water at a higher elevation than the Dam's resevior, to provide irrigation water for a wide swath of dry eastern Washington. It does take a lot of power to pump that much water up to Banks Lake, but they figured when they built Grand Coulee that it made more hydro power than they could use or sell, so no big deal...

Just your local Washington native chirping away here...

G
                              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Working...
                              X