Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3West 2018

3West? I had to call it something

Looks like 7 TX friends and I are Bound for WA & OR & NorCal, pushing off from Olympia WA Aug 3, returning to Olympia Aug 11. Riding a loop that will hopefully include Olympic NP, North Cascade NP, Coeur d'Alene, Hell's Canyon, Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens, Crater Lake NP & Redwood NP, then up the OR coast. - weather permitting.

1 ZZR1200, 1 ZX14R, 1 Panigale, 1 HP4, 1 Speed Triple, 1 ZX-12R, 1 RC51, & 1 Street Triple.

Maybe I can meet a couple of you along the way for a :beer:

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
    ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Nice Chris. Enjoy my friend. Peace

Comment

Watching this thread with bated breath. If you need help with routes in eastern WA, just holler.
      "Why should I tremble at the plough of my Lord, that maketh deep furrows on my soul? I know He is no idle husbandman; He purposeth a crop." - Samuel Rutherford

Visit ConnorWatch on Facebook.

sigpic

Comment

I'm planning a circuit around southern Colorado in late July or early August. If you're ridin thru, lemme know. Maybe we can do a few miles together.

Comment

When you get closer, drop me a PM. To soon at the moment to know if I'll be in town as of yet to ride with you. The Mount Rainier bypass, Hwy 123 (also known as Chinook and Cayuse Pass) opened officially 2 weeks ago. Road is in great condition to be honest. Wife and I road that route this past weekend...amazing.

Be aware, August 3rd thru 5th is Seafair. Hydroplanes, blue Angels at the museum of flight, air shows, and NHRA drag racing at Pacific Raceway. Heading anywhere through Seattle during that weekend will be a joke. There are tons of ways to get around the city without having to go through it. Scenic in some instances. Seeing that you're staging in Olympia, you'll be in a far better situation than staying near Seattle.

Comment

CT, I am gonna hope you plan on a stop at my place? We can sleep 8 and ive worked the bugs out now after 2West .....

Comment

TY, Troy

BretB, Tex, JeffS - I'll let you know more as time draws closer. Olympia->Olympic NP will be the first leg, then across the sound to Anacortes and Eastwards. No idea where any of our overnights will be yet.

NN - one of our riders will be trailering all the bikes from Houston to Olympia. He's an Olympia native and will stay and visit family after the riding is done. The rest of us will fly in/out of SeaTac. Love to see you though. Another time maybe.

A kind offer JeffS, and tempting. As above we have not planned any of our overnights yet and given that we have 8 days, our route may be biting off more than we can chew.

I'm stoked though. I've been to Mt Rainier and Mt St Helens on the bike, but would love to check 4 more national parks off my to-do list :)

~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

Comment

Damn Right in my home town and I will be in Idaho all that time...
                "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Yea that's me doing cabbage patch angles on the side of the road!!!! Just wave cuz I'm OK :)

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                    Damn Right in my home town and I will be in Idaho all that time...
                    You'll just need to come to MY home town, Greg!

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
                      CT, I am gonna hope you plan on a stop at my place? We can sleep 8 and ive worked the bugs out now after 2West .....
                      JeffS - you honor me too well!

I am pushing for us to take you up on your offer - check your pm's. I am only one decision-maker out of eight though, and some of these miscreants don't like travel with a plan ;)

There will be additions and subtractions, but this will be our basic route -

I sketched this out on mapquest just to get an idea of mileage but we definitely want to do the southern swing to Crater Lake and Redwood.

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

CT, pm answered lets talk on the phone when it gets closer, my internet sucks(2west guys can confirm) i cant even see your route.
                        Last edited by JeffS; 07-06-2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

So close, yet so far......

I'm out of town (hopefully out of the country) those dates
                          CONNORWATCH.ORG

Ain't no right way to do the wrong thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sacowan View Post
                            So close, yet so far......

I'm out of town (hopefully out of the country) those dates
                            Hopefully?? If you plan it right you will be and you'll miss me! ;) Love to see you and Marlica, Stew, but I know how it is.

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

Originally posted by bretb View Post
                              When you get closer, drop me a PM. To soon at the moment to know if I'll be in town as of yet to ride with you. The Mount Rainier bypass, Hwy 123 (also known as Chinook and Cayuse Pass) opened officially 2 weeks ago. Road is in great condition to be honest. Wife and I road that route this past weekend...amazing.

Be aware, August 3rd thru 5th is Seafair. Hydroplanes, blue Angels at the museum of flight, air shows, and NHRA drag racing at Pacific Raceway. Heading anywhere through Seattle during that weekend will be a joke. There are tons of ways to get around the city without having to go through it. Scenic in some instances. Seeing that you're staging in Olympia, you'll be in a far better situation than staying near Seattle.
                              Thanks for the tips, Bret. We will indeed avoid anything that appears to be a city and I'd love to have a guide for as long as you are willing to volunteer ;)

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

Working...
                              X