• Show
Clear All

• Mark
    started a topic 2018 N. GA Fall Rally

2018 N. GA Fall Rally

Let's ride!

Dates: Thursday, September 6th to Sunday, September 9th, 2018
    Venue: Seasons Inn Motel - (706) 745-1631
    Itinerary: I'm thinking a semi-structured setup, Blood Mountain/N. GA area for a couple of days, run across Cherohala to Deals Gap, maybe do the Gauntlet and/or Devil's Triangle ride maps.
    Attendees:
    1. Mark 100%
    2. Pete 100%
    3. Big-O (Mike) 100%
    Starts
    09-05-2018
    Ends
    09-09-2018
    Seasons Inn Motel, 9 Town Square, Blairsville, GA 30512

• mehush
    replied
    Sorry to hear about the rain, but it sounds like you guys made the most of it. Wish I could have made it, but I had everything going against me this time around.

Might try and work something out to come up before the cold weather, but a lot would have to go right for it to happen.

Leave a comment:

• ZZ-r
    replied
    Wow Pete it would be great to see ya in ARRRRRK. But I understand. Peace.

Leave a comment:

• 14Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Hole in the Wall also had some of the best craft beers I ever tasted!

i found them a bit lacking

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Originally posted by 14Junkie View Post
    got wet friday......got friggin soaked saturday. in between got in lots of good riding. was appropriately sore after 600 twisty miles and not riding for a year prior. lots of witty banter and appropriately inappropriate humor back at the motel. awesome pizza at the hole in the wall. wish i could make ark. next month but doubtful due to cotton harvest. maybe next spring.
    pete
    Hole in the Wall also had some of the best craft beers I ever tasted!

Leave a comment:

• 14Junkie
    replied
    got wet friday......got friggin soaked saturday. in between got in lots of good riding. was appropriately sore after 600 twisty miles and not riding for a year prior. lots of witty banter and appropriately inappropriate humor back at the motel. awesome pizza at the hole in the wall. wish i could make ark. next month but doubtful due to cotton harvest. maybe next spring.
    pete

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Well, the list of attendees was short but distinguished. Like my johnson!

It was initially Pete, Mark, Brad and myself. However, Brad had to bail because he had to pick THIS weekend to move into his new house . I mean, we've only been planning this ride for 6 months . It worked out OK though. He probably just would have slowed us down . Since no one else from the site seems to be able to ride anymore I reached out to a local ( Kennesaw) guy named Adam that I met on the Aprila site. So, he showed up to take Brad's place. He was a nice guy that didn't say a whole lot and rode really well.

Anyway, after taking the wheels off of my bike in the motel parking lot when I got there and getting new tires put on I was good to go. Pete and Mark showed up shortly thereafter. Had planned on taking a little ride that day but when Pete tried to start the Duc the battery was shot. This was of course after I spoke with him the previous night and he assured me that his bike and battery were good to go after sitting for 6 months . Nio one had a battery in stock (go figure). So he ordered one from a local auto store and he picked it up the next morning.

So, no riding on arrival day.

We rode the other two days though.

P.S. Just busting your balls Brad. Really wish you could have made it. Hope you were able to dodge the rain and get settled into your new house. Hope to see you sometime spring 2019.
    Last edited by BIG O; 09-10-2018, 05:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mehush
    replied
    We are going to needing a progress report soon.

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Doh! Hope you get it sorted.

I expect to be at Seasons Inn between 1-3.
    Originally posted by BIG O
    Well, I had planned to get down there early enough to ride some. However, after looking at my front tire doesn't look like that's going to happen. Hopefully I can find a local shop to mount a new tire for me.

FOOK!
    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ZZ-r
    replied
    Really peace

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Well, I had planned to get down there early enough to ride some. However, after looking at my front tire doesn't look like that's going to happen. Hopefully I can find a local shop to mount a new tire for me.

FOOK!

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Bike is loaded and ready for tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ZZ-r
    replied
    Have fun. Peace

Leave a comment:

• BIG O