Suzuki Quitting MotoGP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Quitting MotoGP?

That's the rumor popping up all over the place. Also saying Mir will replace Espargaro at Honda, Rins' future uncertain.
    This sucks. Maybe they will go racing in WSBK.
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Found multiple articles confirming this.

Wtf are Suzuki doing? Between their recycled product lineup and now no premiere class race entries, are they seeking irrelevance? If they do go back to WSBK would they even bother to produce a new gixxer thou?

Great for Mir getting a ride at HRC. I expect Rins will be a fast WSBK rider next year.

Anyway, kind of spoils an otherwise stellar Motogp season.

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
      Found multiple articles confirming this.

Wtf are Suzuki doing? Between their recycled product lineup and now no premiere class race entries, are they seeking irrelevance? If they do go back to WSBK would they even bother to produce a new gixxer thou?

Great for Mir getting a ride at HRC. I expect Rins will be a fast WSBK rider next year.

Anyway, kind of spoils an otherwise stellar Motogp season.
      GSXR sales probably suck right now, and they aren't known for much else...

Comment

I have a 2010 Suzuki RMX 450Z ( exact same bike relaunched in 2018) , that in its day was a decent bike, one of the few that had fuel injection in its class .... but to sell it , I could hardly give it away . Decided to keep the Suzuki and sell my Honda 250 CRF X for $500 more ( not fuel injected , 3 yrs older) .

Same goes for the Bandit 1250 . Is it that much worse than a ZZR, K1200 or an FJR ? Cuz its worth about 1/2 ? Weird how that brand sems to have zero re-sale.

Still curious to see how Suzuki exits Dorna's contracts .... maybe Suzuki gives the team to an independent , and supports them on the side .....

Comment

I have a work buddy who races motocross. 24 yr old semi pro maniac kinda guy. Anyway he says they are dumping their dirt teams also. Sounds like Kawi in years past

Comment

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
            I have a work buddy who races motocross. 24 yr old semi pro maniac kinda guy. Anyway he says they are dumping their dirt teams also. Sounds like Kawi in years past
            Hey Jeff! Good to see you checking in!

Yeah... I read they are also checking out of World Endurance Racing, where they recently won at Le Mans and are leading the championship this year. Must be hurting financially or have new leadership with different priorities....

Comment

Yeah I believe it might be cash problem. The covid world was not kind to many businesses big and small.

I went to get a new Honda mower summer of 21 and non of the box stores had any. Employee said honda didn't produce any push mowers because of covid in 20. By the time I showed up stores and warehouses were depleted. Lucky I found one on Amazon

Comment

Suzuki weren't doing well before Covid and are in worse shape now. I hope they make it.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Working...
                X