MotoGP 2022 This Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotoGP 2022 This Weekend

Here we go! Under the lights in Qatar starting Friday. There are many potential winners this year. Will the Ducati's dominate? Will a revitalized MM93 on a brand new and seemingly much better Honda return to dominance? Can Yamaha repeat? And the Suzuki is faster, Aprilia is better than ever and KTM is just a notch off the pace, so far. This should be vastly entertaining!

G
    Last edited by gregness; 03-01-2022, 12:49 PM.
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Can't wait!
    I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Gonna be fun. I'm stoked as hell about the racing. I also am looking forward to the TT stuff at the Isle of Man too.
      This is really the only sports I get into watching.
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Channel 208 CNBC on Dish Network this year!!!!
        Last edited by BIG O; 03-03-2022, 05:25 PM.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

10-22
          Last edited by BIG O; 03-03-2022, 05:26 PM.
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

R1 mgp-1.jpg
            Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

all we need is a Kawasaki !!

Comment

WTF? Suzuki's are fastest! Not only did they go first and third on the first day in Qatar, they had the top speed advantage over the Ducatis. MM93 was in second place. It looks they did the near-impossible, bringing the power up to par while retaining the sweet handling of the Suzi. I guess all that blather about Ducati locking out the championship this year may not be true...

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                  WTF? Suzuki's are fastest! Not only did they go first and third on the first day in Qatar, they had the top speed advantage over the Ducatis. MM93 was in second place. It looks they did the near-impossible, bringing the power up to par while retaining the sweet handling of the Suzi. I guess all that blather about Ducati locking out the championship this year may not be true...
                  Let’s see if they can finish a full race distance at that pace without lying them down in 2022!

Comment

True dat. Cant say Ive been following the off season development. Unless somebody has figured out how to beat Ducati in the long straights it s going to be a long year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok , gotta take Bastianini for how first win . Not starting from 15th , you have to like his chances . Martin and Marquez will be battling hard and take each other out … Banaea (?) 2nd , Miller crashes, Mir 3rd , Quartararo 4th … just for shits and giggles !

Comment

Good race today (I'm not doing a spoiler alert) I do like that there's a variety in the top 5-7 places.
                        Gonna be a good season looks like. Predictions? Who knows.
                        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Races were surprising...
                          The Beast got the benefit of riding Peco's bike from last year, which was nearly unbeatable in the last half of 2021. Peco and Miller, not so fortunate, they got the new bike. Ducati is fabulous at developing new tech and throwing it at their bike, but there is a lot to be said for a fully sorted machine... But Bastianini rode it superbly.

Big Surprise #1: Binder launched the KTM into 2nd place and stayed in the podium slots the whole race, and finished only a tenth behind the winner. NOBODY saw that coming!

Big Surprise #2: The Suzukis, finally having the power to stay with the V4's, could only manage 6th and 7th... tire life was an issue. That was a problem they did not have last year, with 15 less horsepower.

That all said, Qatar is unique track and anything is possible at the upcoming races.

Comment

Mandalinka! Honda and KTM looking strong in FP1... Fabio's struggles continue.

Comment

Not sure if it's been mentioned here but there's a MotoGP series on Amazon Prime called MotoGP Unlimited. It's the same kind of behind the scenes docudrama as the Formula 1 Netflix series.

It's not a great show but there are some amazing camera angles of incidents we saw last year, and it's a lot less scripted and curated than the F1 equivalent. It's pretty shocking how young the riders are and how friggin awesome some of their lifestyles are (I need to find a rich divorcee who lives in Andorra, RIGHT NOW).

Comment

Working...
                              X