Isle of Man TT 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isle of Man TT 2022

Barring any COVID restrictions preventing a trip, I am kicking around the idea of flying to watch the Isle of Man TT races in person at the end of May through June: https://www.iomtt.com/tt-info

Has anyone been? Can you share any details or advice that would be helpful?

Arthur went several years ago.

You might reach out to him.

Also, Loppy (Rich) did live just across the Isle. You might try contacting him although I haven't seen him on the site in ages.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I would love to attend the Isle of Man TT. What a great experience that would be. There was a group of local riders trying to organize a fly and ship the bikes trip some years ago. I was invited to join their group but unfortunately it never happened. Keep us posted. I would love to hear all about it if you go.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Trip of a lifetime for a motorcycle enthusiast for sure. Wish I could join.
        Maybe some day.
        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Bucket list......................
          sigpic

Stupid people can be dangerous in large groups

Comment

Biggest advice is get booking accommodation now if you intend to do it. Been two years of nothing and there will be huge interest this year. Remember it is a fairly small island so don't be afraid to look well outside of Douglas if you have to. Also, just if for any reason you can't put it together, there is a lot of other road racing in Ireland through the season. Ulster GP, Northwest 200, Armoy etc.
            https://tbni.blog/road-racing-calendar/

You will never get so up close and personal to racing as you can here. Reach out and touch just about. Blow your mind stuff.
            Good luck with the plans!
            Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
            A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

If I were you I would be looking for accommodation now it is going to be a busy one this year. Why not bring your bike with you. You will definitely enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by JRN Racing View Post
                If I were you I would be looking for accommodation now it is going to be a busy one this year. Why not bring your bike with you. You will definitely enjoy it.
                I don't ride anymore but would love to see in person.

I'm thinking it's too late to plan this year, so I'll have to start planning for next year.

Comment

If you are camping plenty of camp sites. Douglas football club is right beside the paddock.

Comment

Working...
                  X