FIM and Dorna Outlaw Fossil Fuels in MotoGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIM and Dorna Outlaw Fossil Fuels in MotoGP

Effective in 2027, for all classes. I predict ethanol powered bikes will be the new format, because electric would:
    a. Be slower than a gasoline powered Superbike
    b. Allow for VERY short races
    c. Cause many to lose interest.

Happy Thanksgiving!

https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/202...o-begin/403140
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

I wonder if they're betting on something like this:

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...l-porsche-bmw/

Comment

Hmmm, interesting.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I made a post and link to the Porsche page. This whole electric car things presumes everyone can buy a new car. What about the many millions that buy older, great running cars? I have only purchased a new car once. I will never do that again. I buy cars, work on them a little, get them for almost nothing and on average, drive them5 to 8 years, sell them, and move on to the next nice used car.The oldest used car I purchased was a Mercedes 1964 230SL, $6000, sold it for$12K, never even tried to start it. I had a Mercedes 4550 SLC, with 110K miles on it, paid 4K for it, and sold it with 175K for $3800 dollars. I loved the British Racing Green, with Cognac Leather Interior 280C I got for $1800 dollars, replaced the floors, and sold 8 weeks later for $7500 dollars. The list goes on. I believe by repurposing these cars I have a carbon footprint that would be hard to equate. I get around pretty inexpensively though.

There definitely is a place for a near zero emission fuel, and when the reality that not everybody can buy a Lucid ears is realized, these fuels will put dollars signs, and will be developed. IMHO ;)

Comment

Working...
        X