2021 WSBK Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbolt View Post
    If Toprack wins the title - hopefully Dorna will give Kawi back its revs.
    Maybe, but we did see 3 different riders win at Catalunya, and Bautista even managed a podium on the Honda.

Looks like Sykes will be OK, and may race this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
    99 Yamaha R1

Comment

So... Has anyone seen what the cause of Toprack's crash in Race 2 was? It looked like part of the front fender and either a length of wire or hydraulic line came flying off the front end just before he crashed. WTF?

... and, Jon Rea's determination is just amazing. He is fighting like he is trying to win his first title, not his 7th in a row. The combat this weekend has been so intense!

G
      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

It seems the front fender simply fell off - Toprak confirmed himself. He also said his wheelie control had failed, giving Rea a slight advantage before the fender failed. It's great seeing Rea pushed by someone as talented as Toprak - the last few races are going to be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
          It seems the front fender simply fell off - Toprak confirmed himself.
          Typical subpar Yamaha manufacturing.

Never happen on a Kawasaki

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Agreed, can't wait to see what plays out in the next race.

Imagine what could have been if Rea hadn't wadded his bike up twice over the weekend.
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Typical subpar Yamaha manufacturing.

Never happen on a Kawasaki
              Mike, unfortunately my 2018 Kawasaki Ninja ZX1000 H2 SX SE has broken down and been recalled several times. I think they're now sharing technology with Yamaha

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post

Mike, unfortunately my 2018 Kawasaki Ninja ZX1000 H2 SX SE has broken down and been recalled several times. I think they're now sharing technology with Yamaha
                Really?

Wasn't aware that you were having issues with it.

What were the issues?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                  Agreed, can't wait to see what plays out in the next race.

Imagine what could have been if Rea hadn't wadded his bike up twice over the weekend.
                  I've just watched Race 1, that was a bit intense. The last corner at Portimao is not a good place to crash and I was very relieved when Rea walked away from that one.

That made MotoGP look tame!

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

I always find Superbikes more intense than MotoGP.
                    Too bad about Toprak's fender fail in race 2.
                    I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Great racing today in Argentina- three different riders led, and you won't guess the finishing order.

Regardless, it does look as though Jon Rea and Kawasaki's very long reign as World Champions is coming to an end. Rea seems to only be able to pass due to superior corner speed (when he has it) but under Toprack the Yamaha is better on the brakes- and both the Ducati and the Yamaha can draft pass the Kawi on the straights, while Rea can almost never return that favor this year. Top speed numbers are similar but the other two bikes just seem to accelerate better. Toprack has been consistently damn good, seldom cracking under the pressure that Rea and Redding put him under. I don't remember him crashing on his own this year; mechanical DNF's and being taken out (by our own G. Gerloff) are the only reason his lead now is not even more commanding.

Unfortunately for him, naysayers and history will point to the FIM-enforced reduction of the Kawasaki's power at the start of the year as a factor in his championship. Who knows what might have happened if Kawasaki could have raced the same machine they had prepared over the winter... the late reduction in their maximum allowed RPM was certainly a tangible factor. It remains to be seen whether the FIM will allow Kawasaki to build JR a machine he can win on in the coming seasons.

G

Comment

WSBK today was incredible and the top three in Race 2 put on a clinic! Rea is even more impressive when you consider that he is to the inferior Kawasaki as Marquez is to the inferior Honda; meaning other Kawasakis barely crack the top ten but Rea somehow gets a podium. Lowes is pretty fast on his Kawi but he's injured from binning it trying to keep up.

Hopefully weather and track is good at the final round, it should be a fantastic weekend. If Toprak wins it all he'll have earned it, but I'll never not suspect Dorna shithousery costing Rea and Kawasaki a title.

Side note: Rea's 125th anniversary livery and leathers were incredible yesterday. The ZX10R actually turned into a good looking bike! Lowe's Top Gun theme was nice too
                        ​​​​​​
                        Last edited by YYCZED; 10-17-2021, 05:57 PM.

Comment

The final race of 2021 and the Championship decision in Indonesia looks to be complicated by rain at the track all weekend. This has to enhance JR's chances of pulling off an upset...

Comment

Yeah, it rained a bit before Race 1. That makes it easier for Toprak as there is one less race and he starts on pole for both races tomorrow. But disappointing for us all watching the races.

What will happen if it rains like that again on Sunday?

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

I stayed up way past my bedtime just to see a bunch of ssp riders take a shower in the rain

Comment

Working...
                              X