2021 WSBK Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 WSBK Discussion Thread

Well here we go again, as the rest of the paddock begins the annual effort to de-throne the king of WSBK, Jon Rea. This week's pre-season testing session just wrapped up, and guess what, the fastest lap was turned by JR, now sporting the #1 plate on retro-themed Kawi livery. Redding was a tenth or two behind and Garrett Gerloff ('Merica!) was a close third as the fastest Yamaha. The first race is not until May 21-23 (thanks to Covid).
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Go Gareth! I mean Garrett!
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

JR is looking like he's on a roll for another one. More than likely if he does it, they'll come up
      with some sort of rule change or something to change it up. Him and the big green are on another
      history making run that might not ever be topped. Should be fun to watch. May is down the road a bit.
      Damn Covid shit.
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

You'd think Dorna could have organized replacements for the races that were cancelled as it must have been obvious months ago PI would not happen. Why not Qatar after MotoGP?

But I expect WSBK TV rights are worth a fraction of what MotoGP makes, so they just can't afford it.
        "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
        99 Yamaha R1

Comment

If they wanted to, they could run WSBK at PI the weekend after MotoGP. I would certainly ride over for that one.
          Perth, Western Australia.
          “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Mannu05169
            Paribus was founded by Eric Glyman and Karim Atiyeh in 2014 and Has Been Bought by Capital One in 2016. Paribus functions as a program for iOS and may be used on computers too (it was removed in the Play Store, but they’re working to rebuild the app to get Android).

Paribus is a relatively new site that has received lots of attention lately. It and they will send you a refund for the difference if they discover a price fall.
            Paribus Review:
            Mods, please delete and banish as appropriate...

Comment

Go Joe! American Roberts was fastest in both Moto 2 P1 and P2 today in Portugal. Cam B. was back in the 20's, learning a new and complex circuit.
              Meanwhile, MM93 was pretty much back on form immediately in MotoGP- fastest Honda, 3rd in P1, 6th in P2, sliding the front and looking just like the MM we remember. Awesome. Remember, 93 has never raced on this track before...

Comment

About them rules infractions in Qualifying today...

First and worst, Bagnia's record-smashing lap that got canceled- that was messed up. The guy was going full tilt, setting up for a wicked-fast left hander, and the only place he could be, should be looking was left through that turn. The yellow flag was indeed waving- way off on the right side of the track. No way he could have, or should have seen it. (Most riders on this site know- in racing/sport riding, you go where you look; there is no time or attention available to look anywhere but exactly but where you need to go.) This is wrong- mainly because of safety; if there was a truly dangerous situation on track, he would have plowed right into it, and also because an amazing lap got canceled. With all MotoGP's money and technology, cannot they not put the yellow flags where they will be seen?

As for Vinales' double lap cancellation- I watched the video several times- his tire never touched the green paint. The outside of his tire was in fact OVER the green paint- though never touching it. I call that precision riding. The new rules and in-track sensors call it exceeding track limits. I sympathize with Maverick on this one. Last year it would have been fine. This it year it's Row 4, asshole. Nice.

Should be a good race tomorrow with two great riders with proven speed having to come through the pack- along with Mir.

G

Comment

Thought this was the WSBK thread?

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                    Thought this was the WSBK thread?

My Bad.

Comment

Gregness is just so damn excited about either MotoGP or WSBK, me too. Can't get enough.

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post

My Bad.
                        All good

I'm actually getting to see some of the Moto GP this year and when I check this thread I see Moto GP info and it ruins it for me.

Gracias
                        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARLIE View Post
                          Gregness is just so damn excited about either MotoGP or WSBK, me too. Can't get enough.
                          For now I'm settling for Moto GP since it's televised for free

I'm a cheap bastard

Comment

No WSBK on NBCSN channel today. Dropped at the last minute. Assholes, I was looking forward to it too.

Comment

Well, for those who missed it... in the often-heard words of former WSBK commentator Jonathon Green, "normal service has been resumed". Kawasaki and JR pretty much ruled the weekend, with JR and Alex Lowes going 1-2 in the 1st race and the Super Pole Race, and 2-3 behind Redding in Race 2 after Redding was the only contender to choose a slick instead of an intermediate wet for the drying track surface, which turned out to be the right call. Gerloff had a so-so weekend, Raz was the faster Yamaha. BMW's still slow. Honda's not competitive. Sound familiar?

Comment

Working...
                              X