Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 MotoGP Discussion Thread- Covid World Continues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would have been interesting to see where Jorge Martin would have ended up if MM hadnt dive bombed him today .... I am new to MotoGP this year, but I am shocked at the difference in performance two different riders can have on the same bike. I am an F1 guy , and clearly the car is a bigger factor. Amazed by the gap between teammates. I dont see how Vinales can be more competitive by switching teams as clearly the Yam is a winner. Will see if team culture or a change of scenery helps....

I dont have the history for Dovi, but can he jump on Yam B team , and do what MM is doing for Honda , and outperform Crutchlow and VR languishing at the back and compete in top 10 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo555 View Post
      Would have been interesting to see where Jorge Martin would have ended up if MM hadnt dive bombed him today .... I am new to MotoGP this year, but I am shocked at the difference in performance two different riders can have on the same bike. I am an F1 guy , and clearly the car is a bigger factor. Amazed by the gap between teammates. I dont see how Vinales can be more competitive by switching teams as clearly the Yam is a winner. Will see if team culture or a change of scenery helps....

I dont have the history for Dovi, but can he jump on Yam B team , and do what MM is doing for Honda , and outperform Crutchlow and VR languishing at the back and compete in top 10 ?
      Dovi- Multi-time second place in the championship, won quite few races on the Duc vs. Marquez in his near-unbeatable years- when nobody esle could win on the Duc. He could win on the Yamaha, IMO.
      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Dovi and Maverick should both bow out. Give the rides to World Super Bike talent.
        I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post

Dovi- Multi-time second place in the championship, won quite few races on the Duc vs. Marquez in his near-unbeatable years- when nobody esle could win on the Duc. He could win on the Yamaha, IMO.
          Always good to have a storyline to watch . As this is my first year tracking MotoGP, (thanks to you guys, and recent viewing access ).... I missed out on Jorge Martins April crash. Of all the Duc's he seems to be the man , amazingly both he an MM were able to take wins shortly after their returns . Will be interesting to see if JM can catch Zarco for points as he fades in the distance

Watched a few WSBK reviews simply to watch some Kawi's, but too depressed to see Rea crash a couple times on whatever race I was watching....have not watched any more ...

Gotta admit, I prefer the Down Under muted celly of Miller over Quartararo and others when they take a flag ..... save it for the Championship IMO ....

Comment

MotoGP Headlines Not Anticipated in July:
            - Vinales is fastest in practice at Misano today... on an Aprilia
            - Dovi is racing at Misano today... on a Yamaha
            Contributing to the weirdness is rain forecasted during race times all weekend. Fabio Q is NOT going well in the wet...

G

Comment

So who's watching at Austin?

Comment

Is Bastianini the second fastest rider in the world now? Sixteenth to sixth on a 2019 bike, on a track that looked scary as hell!

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                  Is Bastianini the second fastest rider in the world now? Sixteenth to sixth on a 2019 bike, on a track that looked scary as hell!
                  Perhaps! He IS doing things with that bike that nobody else has ever done, kind of like MM93 on the Honda. And in case anyone thought MM was all washed up... look out, barring another disabling crash I think he will be back next year and once again unstoppable.

And that track, jeez. Nice facility and nice track layout but the bumps have gotten so damn bad. They really ought to fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post

And that track, jeez. Nice facility and nice track layout but the bumps have gotten so damn bad. They really ought to fix that.
                    Wonder if Formula 1 is causing the issues?

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Wonder if Formula 1 is causing the issues?
                      Apparently there's a fault line under the track, and the local geology is crumbly on top of that. They may have built a track that's impossible to keep level

Comment

The riders are unanimous in saying they do not want come back next year if it is not fixed, and Dorna is apparently agreeing with them. Aleix Espargaro actually tried to get them to strike last weekend over this!

Comment

Here is a link to a little discussion about the issue:

MotoGP:COTA (Spoilers are bigger in Texas)
                          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Insane recovery at Moto2 FP today at Misano!

Comment

Amazing! Better than Marquez' save yesterday. If all else, he could become a movie stunt rider.

Comment

OK. Time for an old guy story. I did one kind of like that racing at Willow Springs (CA) in 1985. In Saturday free practice I came out of turn 5 a little too hard on the gas on my 900 Ninja and the rear came around, caught and launched me up and over the screen. I somehow managed to keep my hands on the bars, but the rest of me was up there... I came down hard and busted my screen with my chest. I was looking at my front fender for a moment. Worse, I also landed square on my nuts on the fuel tank (ow). I have always attributed the long wheel base of that bike for my not crashing- it really had a tendency to straighten itself out in spite of my antics. I coasted to a very painful stop and sat on the side of the track for a while waiting for the pain to dissipate. Before the next race I bought a cup, but it just did not work out in the whole seat/tank relationship thing, so I just rode knowing that shit could happen again... I got third the next day, best I ever did.

G
                                Last edited by gregness; 10-23-2021, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X